Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Sony, Please give us a new XMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 4, 2010

I would like to mass delete files - especially game saves. That way I could delete my Dead Space saves (all 100 of them) a little quicker.

Message 31 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Oct 4, 2010

JAMKOR wrote:

I would like to mass delete files - especially game saves. That way I could delete my Dead Space saves (all 100 of them) a little quicker.

Perhaps a checkbox option? Once the Delete Multiple option is clicked a checkbox appears next to each file. And not just for game saves, for any downloaded content. Manually deleting each file certainly is a pain.

damagon123 Trophy Card
Message 32 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4188 posts

Oct 5, 2010

CleanUP-CharliE wrote:

Lethal_NFS wrote:

BATTLEFACE wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:
I like the simplicity of the XMB too, why change something that isn't broken?

It's not about changing something that isn't broken. It's about progressing and evolving. All companies that sell something do this. For example, the computer you're using to connect to the internet, the keyboard your typing on, the monitor you're viewing, the PS3 console you're playing, any and all electronics you own, your car (if you drive), your clothes etc... Everything you purchase progresses and evolves. It isn't that the particular product stopped working, it's just the natural progression of things.

The OP is just asking for the XMB to enter a new evolutionary phase. At the moment, I don't really mind the current XMB, but I would welcome a new design as well.

Exactly!!!!!  Just like a PC.  Windows XP was great, why change it?  Windows 7 is even better.  Why not make the XMB better?  It is the same since 2006 and very boring.  It is also very slow.   I am not saying that I hate the XMB but I want it improved.

Apple > Windows 

Not to start a fight lol But i love my Macbook just too much 

Cheers.

I concur.

Message 33 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Oct 5, 2010

The XMB is fine the way it is. At least I think so. Everyone is used to how it's set up too so why change it?

Get your Portable ID!

Message 34 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8783 posts

Oct 5, 2010

PatricioUSA wrote:

XMB is designed for my microwave.... or something that has 256 RAM memory or less (Like the PSP)

The PS3 should have something impressive, and good looking too.

Uh... the PS3 only has 256MB of System RAM.  Minimal use of memory for maximum functionality.  THAT is the point of the current XMB.

Add features to it and it gets even slower.  When you launch a game (from the XMB), the first thing the PS3 does is close the XMB 'application' to free up that memory for the game that you launched.  The in-game XMB is slow because it needs to reload (from the HDD back into System RAM) when you access it.

Message 35 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Oct 5, 2010

No? the XMB looks way better and it's faster than the 360DB

Message 36 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 5, 2010

I like XMB as it is. Works great for me.       

Old time gamer !
Message 37 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 5, 2010

CleanUP-CharliE wrote:

Lethal_NFS wrote:

BATTLEFACE wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:
I like the simplicity of the XMB too, why change something that isn't broken?

It's not about changing something that isn't broken. It's about progressing and evolving. All companies that sell something do this. For example, the computer you're using to connect to the internet, the keyboard your typing on, the monitor you're viewing, the PS3 console you're playing, any and all electronics you own, your car (if you drive), your clothes etc... Everything you purchase progresses and evolves. It isn't that the particular product stopped working, it's just the natural progression of things.

The OP is just asking for the XMB to enter a new evolutionary phase. At the moment, I don't really mind the current XMB, but I would welcome a new design as well.

Exactly!!!!!  Just like a PC.  Windows XP was great, why change it?  Windows 7 is even better.  Why not make the XMB better?  It is the same since 2006 and very boring.  It is also very slow.   I am not saying that I hate the XMB but I want it improved.

Apple > Windows 

Not to start a fight lol But i love my Macbook just too much 

Cheers.

Macs sucks. Sooo incompatible with everything. PC FTW.

Message 38 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 5, 2010

Lethal_NFS wrote:

I recently just got the new Xbox fall update and this is the 3rd time they got a reworked dashboard.   This makes me realize how painfully dull the XMB is.  It is slow and dull.   Please Sony!   Please create a new XMB that is quicker and easier on the eyes.   Give us streamed videos on demand too.  The more I use the 360 dashboard the more I am bored with the XMB.

I agree, but I think they should make it so that when you are ingame, when you open it, it goes to whatever icon you chose it to go when it opens in game. Like customizing where it goes when you open it. That would be cool.

Message 39 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1504 posts

Oct 5, 2010

the xmb works for what it's intended to do. adding more useless features would only tax the system memory and make things slower. it's not flashy like the box but it's easier to navigate which is what's most important.

60gb ps3 gaming sense 11-17-06 12:42a.m.
Message 40 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes