Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 12 2008
By: pgsdi I Only Post Everything 1188 posts

Sony Gives me a Run-around with "CK" Serial#

6 replies 7 views Edited Dec 12, 2008
Hi I wanted to express an issue regarding Registering my new PS3 with Sony with the "CK" serial#

It seems Sony is giving the run around with people including myself in which their PS3 80GB with the Serial # beginning with "CK"  will not register on the Playstation website. it always comes back Invalid. I would send it in the mail but the system never came with a registration card.

I called Sony support, where i was put on hold for 10 minutes, after the operator came back on the phone, he said to contact the "WEBMASTER!!!"  I could not believe that the customer is supposed to do the leg work for a simple request. they do not have record of these CK systems????

I would like the help of the members here to help with this matter if anyone else has this issue.

thanks
Message Edited by pgsdi on 12-12-2008 02:09 PM
Message 3 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Sony Gives me a Run-around with "CK" Serial#

Dec 12, 2008
Just out of curiosity, but, was there no other sticker on your box that said something like "use this number to register system" or something else to that effect?
Message 1 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Yep The Registeration serial Number is the same on the Box as the system.

Begins with "CK"

i have not typed it incorrectly.  I followed it exactly.  and tried so many times with Firefox and IE. its not my PC.

am very disgusted with such an easy process. and that Sony does not even have record with these "CK" 80GB systems. I purchased it at Best buy 3 weeks ago.

Message 2 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 12, 2009

Hmmm-it's July 2009 and Sony still hasn't addressed this "CK" issue...."invalid registration" response when you try to register online. It can't be very important or they would have fixed it by now as it seems to be a problem that's been around for a long time.

Maybe they are hoping  your machine bites the dust and you have lost your precious receipt-which you MUST have in order to prove warranty dates.  No receipt-no free repair...so sad!

I registered thru Sony.com under the electronics registration link (I think). There's other threads on this is if you feel like reading.

Message 4 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Jul 12, 2009
There is a simple fix. Put a - sign infront of the serial number. Ex: -CKXXXXXXXX leave out the -XXXX part, only put in the first part.
Message 5 of 7 (7 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 12, 2009

WHOA Harman!!!! That worked!           Thanks

Message 6 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Jul 12, 2009
Thank you so much. it work like a charm. 
Message 7 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes