Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Re: So what's next Sony?

Sep 6, 2010

Eagles_of_77 wrote:

The phone company or cell phone company doesn't censor conversations so why should Sony?

really?!?!?!

because its a private conversation between 2 parties thats why!

your phone call isnt broadcast to thousands of people, many of whom are under age.

Plus using vulgar language makes you look unintelligent anyway!

320gb Slim
500gb Slim
SoftModded Wii with 640GB HDD
320gb XBox 360 S
LG 55" 120Hz LCD
LG 1000w 5.1
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
4TB Media Server
320GB HD PVR

Playstation Plus Member

Gaming Since 1983
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3462 posts

Sep 6, 2010

again i say....

sending a pm to a random person you don't know with every curse word there is is fine, yet saying one curse word in a PRIVATE chat room is just wrong

lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Sony may do whatever they please. You are using their product, and therefore must abide by their rules and regulations.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Il1lI1Il1Il1 wrote:

Sony may do whatever they please. You are using their product, and therefore must abide by their rules and regulations.

Exactly.  If you don't like it, go create your own console and online video gaming service.

bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Sony will soon censor every word in the dictionary with the exception of 'hello' and 'goodbye' 

cys9316
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Sep 6, 2010

BobTheEnzyteGuy wrote:

Il1lI1Il1Il1 wrote:

Exactly.  If you don't like it, go create your own console and online video gaming service.

Thank you captain obvious. I just don't see why it censors the chat when it's only me and my friend in the chat.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Jokes aside, I can't believe the blind fanboy mentality of some people defending sony for censoring chat. IT'S A PRIVATE CONVERSATION BETWEEN YOU AND A FRIEND. Same thing applies to a phone call. Jesus, you people are the same guys who blindly defend YLOD. Stupidity at it's finest.

cys9316
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

Sep 6, 2010

BobTheEnzyteGuy wrote:

Il1lI1Il1Il1 wrote:

people like you guys are the reason personal rights are getting **bleep** over right now. also, I'll swear if I **bleep**ing want to.

again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Sep 7, 2010

I'm gonna agree with the OP here

censoring in private chat but not in PM's?

and to the guy who said using vulgar language makes you look stupid...please...this isn't the 3rd grade, people swear if they wish

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Sep 7, 2010

MudMonkey13 wrote:

LEONOFDEATH wrote:

Falcon_VII wrote:

When you participate in the PSN online community, you must act reasonably and with common sense. You must respect the rights and privacy of other members of the community and any particular rules applying to any area. In particular, you must not:

• abuse or harass others, including but not limited to stalking or bullying;
  • take any action, or upload, post, stream or otherwise transmit any content, language, images or sounds in any forum, communication, public profile, Online ID or otherwise via PSN which we in our sole discretion find offensive or vulgar. This includes any content or communication that we find racially, ethnically, sexually or religiously offensive, defamatory or threatening;

It's in the TOS for the PSN. They have the right to block offensive language. The filter is excessive though. I can't even say my name on text chat in a normal way.

Im sorry!

But these are not offensive words, And most of them dont even mean anything, Yet they are all banned:

Conne

Jugge

Z06

Engin

Cuze

Bite

I think they should relax a bit on the censorship.

You're right, but read the red highlighted line above again. 

That's dumb, though, I mean, censoring words that are not offensive, because they might become offensive? whotf decides these things!?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes