Dec 06 2006
By: catenaccio~ Lombax Warrior 103 posts

SONY Should Make Things More USER-FRIENDLY

4 replies 2 views Edited Dec 6, 2006
Look, I was a pretty low tech guy a few years ago (only cared about women).  Now that I am married, I need other pleasures - like gadgets.  I was a geek at school, cool during university and a playboy while working and now I am a geek again.  I have come full circle.

Anyway, despite many of us on this forum being tech geeks, there is still a lot of confusion.  Imagine the average joe who knows little about tech.  How is Sony going to explain to these customers about resolutions, bit streams, video codecs etc etc.

Apple has been successful because it made things very simple (albeit limited) and Microsoft became successful because they made computers easy to use.  SONY has a GREAT GREAT product here in the PS3.  The only problem is, that they keep asking you to update it and not tell you why?, and they make you have to fidget with settings for it to do what you want it to do.

Sony should really figure this out.

Its not like the old days where you bought a PSone, plugged it in and that was the end of it.  Nowadays, it seems that you gotta be on forums like this just to figure out how to best utilize the damn thing.

Anyone agree?
Message 1 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: SONY Should Make Things More USER-FRIENDLY

Dec 6, 2006
http://live.xbox.com/member/Sabconth
Message 2 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 6, 2006
If you dont know how to use it you shouldnt be touching it.
360 Users spend more time on this site then their own... Next Gen!
Message 3 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
813 posts

Dec 6, 2006
Users should just become more friendly
PS3 60GB
Kenwood 5.1 Surround
Samsung 50" DLP 720P (No Burn In Baby and No Dead Pixels!)
Westinghouse 42" LCD 1080p (Got Lucky - No Dead Pixels!)
Message 4 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4297 posts

Dec 6, 2006
It's not like the old days, but I like it that way. The console gives you a lot of choices. Honestly, I don't know how much more simple you can make a codec or bit stream setting. Unless you just call them stuff like "high quality", but overall most people should easily be able to make an educated guess as to what they want. The console is marketed towards a more mature crowd, mainly those in the HD era. Most people with a HD TV will know what they want. It may confuse little kids, but it's really not that complicated.
Message 5 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes