Jul 14 2009
By: xxlocalboyxx First Son 4 posts

SONY CAN'T FIX MY PS3!!!!!!!!!!

40 replies 261 views Edited Jul 14, 2009

my ps3 wouldnt read anything when i turned it on so i decided to give it to sony to fix

and then after 3 weeks i got it in the mail hoping it would be fix but not

they said "The product shows physical abuse or misuse, neglect, excessive wear and tear"

and then i called them the next day and ask what does this mean but they couldn't explain to me because it was the techs that opened it not the operators. So I ask what if i make another service request and they said they wont be able to fix it. I have never opened the ps3 or whatsoever.....

SO WHAT DO I DO NOW????????

Message 1 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Re: SONY CAN'T FIX MY PS3!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 14, 2009
When Sony says that, you're SOL. You'll get your non-working PS3 back eventually.

Message 2 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
432 posts

Jul 14, 2009
send it to a 3red party repair place and it will cost less cash as well.   Then recall to good old days when sony cared about the stuff they sold and the people who buy them.
Message 3 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Jul 14, 2009
holy crap that sucks... Exessive wear and tear? they should fix that.. misuse and neglect i would understand
Photobucket
Message 4 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
306 posts

Jul 14, 2009
Tell them to get **bleep**ed and that they have to fix your ps3 or you're going to come down hard on them. Don't they have consumer rights in America?!
Message 5 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7522 posts

Jul 14, 2009

GamerDogg wrote:
Tell them to get **bleep**ed and that they have to fix your ps3 or you're going to come down hard on them. Don't they have consumer rights in America?!

Yes, but Sony can deny to fix an abused console if they see fit. It is legal for the to refuse to service an item that has been damaged excessively.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Jul 14, 2009

xxlocalboyxx wrote:

my ps3 wouldnt read anything when i turned it on so i decided to give it to sony to fix

they said "The product shows physical abuse or misuse, neglect, excessive wear and tear"

and then i called them the next day and ask what does this mean but they couldn't explain to me because it was the techs that opened it not the operators. So I ask what if i make another service request and they said they wont be able to fix it. I have never opened the ps3 or whatsoever.....

Your options are to either send your unit to a 3rd party repair center, or purchase a new PS3. In either case you should take better care of your system in the future. If they refused service on that basis it had to be in pretty bad shape. 

Message 7 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5095 posts

Jul 14, 2009

AssassinHD wrote:

Your options are to either send your unit to a 3rd party repair center, or purchase a new PS3. In either case you should take better care of your system in the future. If they refused service on that basis it had to be in pretty bad shape. 

This.

In other words, they think you smashed up your console a bit too much, therefore it was your fault the PS3 wasn't working.

They're allowed to deny fixing that, as it wasn't their doing at all.

DarkPhoenix

Message 8 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1142 posts

Jul 14, 2009
How can you even damage your PS3? What the heck are you doing to it that Sony refused to repair it. I'm pretty damn sure most if not all dead PS3s have been repaired under warranty or with the $150 fee. You are the first person I have heard from that Sony refused to repair.

How about you take care of your console next time buddy.
Message 9 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 14, 2009

xxlocalboyxx wrote:

You have 2 options how I see it:
1. Send your PS3 to an unauthorized repair center.
2. Buy a new PS3.

Hopefully with your new or repaired console you take better care of it.  

Message 10 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes