Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 18 2010
By: theglorious First Son 4 posts

Re: Please Help! I have PS3 Slim Blu-Ray Drive problem! (SOLVED!)

13 replies 3931 views Edited Mar 18, 2010

My PS3 Slim 120GB (CECH-2004A) has problems with BD-ROM. He was unplugged about an 20 days. Then I started him (I don't know does it matter, but I while I was carrying it around I was logically spinning it), but then I heard some noise from BD where my disk was left (game disk was inside whole time). Somehow by pressing the eject button couple of times I managed to get the disk out, but when I press the eject button, after that incident, console only beeps three times then I hear that noise that console makes when it "grabs" (don't know how else to express) the disk in, and then, of course, nothing happens. I tried to format the PS3 system but that didn't work, I tried to manual eject the disk, didn't work either, I tried to insert the DVD when that "grab thing" was working and then strange thing happened. As I couldn't insert the disk (because it doesn't automatically "grab" the disk it "only does nothing" when I bring the disk to BDROM) I managed to cheat the console so it inserted my DVD but, then disk starts to spin but slow like it's working on 1pA, then slower and slower then I can't hear it anymore. I managed to get it out with manual way of  ejecting disk, because disk unit blocks when I insert the disk, then same old **** happens. So please in the name of SONY help me. Please don't tell me to go to do service, I have warranty but from another country and in this one they don't even know what PS3 is. Tell me what to do, what's wrong, what should I do ???... Thank in advance...

������������ ���� ������������

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Re: Please Help! I have PS3 Slim Blu-Ray Drive problem!

Mar 12, 2010

this is why game systems need to be treeted with care. there is no way around it you need to send it to sony sounds like you f'ed up the eject track

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 12, 2010

I was carrying this beuty like my own eyes in my stupid head!!! There's no way that something outside can do this...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 13, 2010

Can somebody please help! Or maybe give me the Blu-Ray Drive functional scheme.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 18, 2010

I fixed it!

It all happened because it stood a long time in cold place...

Here's what happened. I've opened the ps3 then I took apart Blu-Ray Drive but mechanism was working nice. I turned on ps3 again, but disk was making noise like he's dying. Then I took it apart again, then I noticed that upper metal cover of Blu-Ray drive was somehow shaped down, like v shape, at First I thought it's it style, because it looks very cool (something like chervolet camaro), then I noticed that unnatural shape was pushing down the disks. I made the cover flat again and everything seems to work now.

Sony please make better heat-cold resistant ps3, ps4...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2010

Hey can you PLEASE post pics of what you're talking about. PLEASE! and will this thing notify me if you post again>?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 10, 2010

watch your language Junior

Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 18, 2010

HEY  WATS UP EVERYONE... RIGHT NOW MY PS3 IS ACTING REALLY STRANGE. I WAS PLAYING MW2 IN THE MORNING EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE. THEN LATER IN THE AFTER NOON I TOOK THE GAME OUT AND TRIED TO PUT A DIFERRENT GAME AND THE PS3 DIDNT WANT TO INSERT THE DISK I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO?IF U HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS HELP ME OUT PLEASE. IT JUST SEEMED REALLY STRANGE THAT IT DIDNT WANT TO TAKE ANY DISKS.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Jun 18, 2010

fiddlesticks702 wrote:

HEY  WATS UP EVERYONE... RIGHT NOW MY PS3 IS ACTING REALLY STRANGE. I WAS PLAYING MW2 IN THE MORNING EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE. THEN LATER IN THE AFTER NOON I TOOK THE GAME OUT AND TRIED TO PUT A DIFERRENT GAME AND THE PS3 DIDNT WANT TO INSERT THE DISK I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO?IF U HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS HELP ME OUT PLEASE. IT JUST SEEMED REALLY STRANGE THAT IT DIDNT WANT TO TAKE ANY DISKS.

You might want to create a new topic, or at least one that doesn't have the word SOLVED in the title in caps.

Also, turn off your caps lock please.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 28, 2010

I need help, bad! I've had this fat 40 gb ps3 for 5 years and today it quit on me. I can still load up internet browser, play downloadable games, watch dvd, listen to cds,and playstation@home...but anything that has bluray included(bluray movies or ps3 disc-based games) will not play. I was currently playing borderlands and modern warfare 2(for several hours on end...which may have been my problem from the start,but I have played this way ever since i bought the thing). Now every time i insert any bluray...game or movie...the loading bubble pops up but the disc wont. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I DO NOT WANT TO SEND IT OR TAKE IT APART, IF I HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS I WILL BUY A NEW SLIM...PLEASE REPLY

THANX

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (3,931 Views)
0 Likes