Dec 07 2007
By: Iron_War_Bear~ First Son 1 posts

Playstation 3 won't turn on Please Help

34 replies 13185 views Edited Dec 7, 2007
My playstation 3 just stop working. I tried everything to turn it back on. Does anybody know if there is a reset button for it. Do you think it over heated and now is fried. If so where would I take it to be fixed. I just bought it about a month ago.
Message 1 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Re: Playstation 3 won't turn on Please Help

Dec 7, 2007
wait till tomorrow if it doesnt work then then bring it back

HONESTLY ACHIEVED
Message 2 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7509 posts

Dec 7, 2007

Iron_War_Bear wrote:
My playstation 3 just stop working. I tried everything to turn it back on. Does anybody know if there is a reset button for it. Do you think it over heated and now is fried. If so where would I take it to be fixed. I just bought it about a month ago.

This may sound like a stupid question, but is the switch in the back turned on?  Are you getting any lights on the PS3 at all?
0 Likes
Dil
Fender Bender
4392 posts

Dec 7, 2007
did u get the extended warranty? if not call sony

only god can judge me
Message 4 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4331 posts

Dec 7, 2007
Do you keep it in an enclosed place where heat can build up because if you do then yes it prolly overheated altho its suppose to turn off automaticly if it gets too hot, you said you got it a month ago if you cant take it back to the store for an exchange you need to call up sony at 1-800-345-SONY  and speak to the Rep about it, you will get an automated menu at first, after you press 1 to select ps3 you then have to hit 0 to speak to an agent and then 1 again for the ps3 and you will get the Rep. They will send you a box to pack it up into and send it to them and send you a replacement back. Good Luck.

Message Edited by TheNukes on 12-06-2007 05:28 PM
Message 5 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Dec 7, 2007
I'm sorry to hear about your PS3. Did you try a different outlet? Maybe the power cord is bad. If it is the power cord you can buy a new one. If it is the system you would have to mail in your PS3 to Sony. The details on the warranty should be in the PS3 manual. Do you know anyone else that has a PS3 and would let you try their power cord just to see if that is the problem? Maybe a fuse blew and you have to check your circuit breaker. If that doesn't work I would call Sony.

-Film11
Message 6 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

May 6, 2008
Same thing just happened to me today.  I was playing warhawk and my ps3 just turned off and there was no red light.  I flipped the back switch off and on and the red light came back on.  When I try to turn it on then it just died and I can't get any light what so ever.  I tried switching cords and plugging into other outlets that I know work and nothing.  I just got done talking to CS.  They are sending me a special shipping box that should get to me in 5-10 business days.  After I send it in I have to allow 10-14 business days to get my replacement console, aka my PS3 that I loved is fried.  I forgot to ask but because I have a 60Gig is my replacement console going to be a 60 or will it be an 80GB?  Quite honestly I'm going to be mad because I got the 60GB because wanted the fully backward compatibility model and I do use it.
PSN: MinceMan
Message 7 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 10, 2009
While i was playing call of duty 4 my ps3 turned off on me and everytime i click the turn on botton it will turn blue and green and then shut off and red light will start to flick....??? Is my ps3 friend! been letting it sit for an hour wont work!
Message 8 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1113 posts

Oct 10, 2009

MinceMan~ wrote:
Same thing just happened to me today.  I was playing warhawk and my ps3 just turned off and there was no red light.  I flipped the back switch off and on and the red light came back on.  When I try to turn it on then it just died and I can't get any light what so ever.  I tried switching cords and plugging into other outlets that I know work and nothing.  I just got done talking to CS.  They are sending me a special shipping box that should get to me in 5-10 business days.  After I send it in I have to allow 10-14 business days to get my replacement console, aka my PS3 that I loved is fried.  I forgot to ask but because I have a 60Gig is my replacement console going to be a 60 or will it be an 80GB?  Quite honestly I'm going to be mad because I got the 60GB because wanted the fully backward compatibility model and I do use it.

Yes you'll get a 60GB back. 

Seriously?  Make sure the cord is plugged in firmly to the back (not being smart, has happened to me).

What's happended to the quality of electronics?  Escpesially Sony, which used to when I bought a Sony I thought is wasn't going to brake if a nuke goes off by it...

First platinum March 16, 2010 at 00:15

Message 9 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Oct 10, 2009
I dont know but i learned my lesson my tv and computer went out in a year but ps3 has only had issues in 3 years lockups, internet swirls and stuff like that so id say its better then most though cause its still working perfect just a few minor issues here and there.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 10 of 35 (13,185 Views)
0 Likes