Aug 06 2010
By: BirryMays First Son 1 posts

PS3 system activation and deactivation

6 replies 413 views Edited Aug 6, 2010

Hello everyone, I recently got the red screen error on my ps3. After I got it fixed, I wanted to download games and movies on to my new ps3. But now I'm unable to download my games and movies i've already purchased on the playstatoin store with my account (BirryMays) onto my refurbished ps3.

Anyways is there any way to deactivate a ps3 system on an account without going onto the ps3 itself? Because I had the red screen on my ps3 and I was unable to deacticate from that ps3.

Also, if you reformat the ps3 hardrive or get it fixed by SONY does it deactivate itself from the psn account??

Please help me I want to watch family guy on my ps3

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: PS3 system activation and deactivation

Aug 6, 2010

Only way for you to deactivate is by going to the system.

Sony can remove the system from you account activations.

Formatting the HDD does not remove the activation from the PSN Servers, and Sony doesn't automatically do it, you need to ask them.

And purchased PSN movies cannot be redownloaded, so if you really want to redownload for free, you'll have to ask Sony to allow you to do so.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Aug 6, 2010

when my system crashed and couldnt deactivate my PS3 i just emailed them told them what happened and they said we will only do this once and they reset my accounts .

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Aug 6, 2010

the only way you could get your movies back is through sony and they will only authorize it if they sent you a refurb instead of fixing your original machine. any games you purchased can be redownloaded from your cart in the store.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3734 posts

Aug 9, 2010

I may have found another way to deactivate your old ps3's. You know when you sign in on this site that there's another portal called "Qriocity"?

Well, go to the site and sign in: https://account.qriocity.com/cam/devices/device-list.action?category=ps3

You'll see your old active systems there. Click the options button and you'll see deactivate device. I do not know if that is enough to fully deactivate the system so you can get back 1/5 of your download tokens but it's worth a shot.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 9, 2010

Blazeking wrote:

I may have found another way to deactivate your old ps3's. You know when you sign in on this site that there's another portal called "Qriocity"?

Well, go to the site and sign in: https://account.qriocity.com/cam/devices/device-list.action?category=ps3

You'll see your old active systems there. Click the options button and you'll see deactivate device. I do not know if that is enough to fully deactivate the system so you can get back 1/5 of your download tokens but it's worth a shot.

It doesn't deactivate the PS3 at all.  It simply gives you instructions on how to deactivate on the PS3 itself.  You didn't click it, did you?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3734 posts

Aug 9, 2010

Can't click it for some reason. I'm using a mobile.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes