Mar 31 2007
By: eravelo~ First Son 7 posts

PS3 mouse and keyboard support for FPS games

7 replies 52 views Edited Mar 31, 2007
I am a long time PC gamer, since DOS Quake believe it or not! With my ps3, COD3 limits me to the wonderful yet inadequate Sixaxis controller.
I searched the forums as to whether or not ps3 supported a separate mouse and keyboard, but found no answer. I know Logitech makes a Bluetooth combo unit, but the mousepad is inadequate for gaming like I am used to, with a separate mouse..
Has anyone tried a wired keyboard & mouse, and if so is it supported in COD3 and other FPS games?

Thanks,

Jorge  
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (52 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Re: PS3 mouse and keyboard support for FPS games

Mar 31, 2007
From what i've seen, games have to support this feature themselves, however, it is definately possible to have a "mapping" function in the PS3's firmware, or even a 3rd party device (sits inbetween the keyboard/mouse and PS3 via the USB port) that maps it for you (uses a bootable disc to configure the "adapter" to your layout preference). It could be done, and now that i think about it ... i'm not sure why someone hasn't already done it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Mar 31, 2007

eravelo wrote:
I am a long time PC gamer, since DOS Quake believe it or not! With my ps3, COD3 limits me to the wonderful yet inadequate Sixaxis controller.
I searched the forums as to whether or not ps3 supported a separate mouse and keyboard, but found no answer. I know Logitech makes a Bluetooth combo unit, but the mousepad is inadequate for gaming like I am used to, with a separate mouse..
Has anyone tried a wired keyboard & mouse, and if so is it supported in COD3 and other FPS games?

Thanks,

Jorge  

I have a logitech one and I dont know if they work with ps3 games for game play
PSN: UNDER_DOG3
N. SHORE, MA
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1327 posts

Mar 31, 2007
Unreal Tournament has keyboard and mouse support in game. Thats confirmed and so far the only game i have heard of supporting it. Ps3 supports it 100% developers just havent let us do it because KB&M pwns all!
Ps3 2 years of bad press and STILL going strong. Bring it!
Everyone says Ps3 has no games yet they want all of them on their console!?!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2606 posts

Mar 31, 2007

Message Edited by w00tz on 03-30-2007 08:11 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Mar 31, 2007

w00tz wrote:

Message Edited by w00tz on 03-30-2007 08:11 PM

Here's something interesting I jus tread on SplitFish from engadget...

"Available immediately from GameStop for $70, the EdgeFX only supports PS2 for the time being, but SplitFish claims that a PS3 version is in the works..."
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3151 posts

Mar 31, 2007

eravelo wrote:

Thanks,

Jorge  

/Wave to another fellow DOS gamer.

I fought the idea for years of playing FPS's with a controller on a console.  I just wasn't as good as I was on my PC.  Finally I broke down and just played.  While it still doesn't feel the same the one thing I have learned to REALLY appreciate is how people are on a level playing field.   I like that everyone has the same hardware and peripherals.
D1G1T4L Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 31, 2007
Thanks for the replies.
 I guess the programmers are too afraid of an ancient KB&M warrior like me making a mockery of their game.
Back to the PC for DoD, CS, etc...

Jorge

"TheMasticator"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes