Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 12 2010
By: TriGeRHaPy99 Lombax Warrior 239 posts

PS3 is seriously slow...

3 replies 38 views Edited Dec 12, 2010

Any tips to make my PS3 run faster? When I turn it on it takes like 3 minutes to load up three of my profiles. When I select my profile it takes another 5 to load up the XMB and launch a game. Then it takes another 5 to load the begining of games (its just a black screen for awhile and then the publisher and creator show up). Then if I get a message and press the PS button it takes forever to load the XMB. IT BLOWS. It takes forever for me to play a game. Any way to speed it up? or am I just f*cked...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Re: PS3 is seriously slow...

Dec 12, 2010

some games take longer when you tap the PS button to get to your messages then others nothing you can do to make it faster.

as far as when you first start up it shouldnt take 3 mins to load 3 profiles and another 5 to load the XMB to launch the game. im guessing here but mine takes roughly 20seconds to from the time i start up the system to the time im signed in to PSN it might be a little longer then 20 seconds but i know its under a minute

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Dec 12, 2010

you can select 1 profile as the default it will skip showing 3 profile and will go directly to XMB menu.

highlight the profile you want to become default then press "triagle" turn on automatic login.

==============================================================
PS2 slim
PS3 slim 120gb/500gb
PS3 60gb
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Dec 12, 2010

Your PS3 has problems if you're not exagerating the times you claim.

My PS3's - 120gb & 80gb B/C - load up in seconds.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes