Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2007
By: Prankst Splicer 83 posts

PS3 Screen cut off (on right) only when using HDMI cable? HELP!

3 replies 598 views Edited Jul 28, 2007
Greetings everyone,

I dont have many posts but i am looking for some help.  I just downloaded tekken 5 and noticed something that i been overlooking for a long time (since i got my hdtv in january)!  Once i ran the tekken 5 game, during my first fight i had noticed the fighter on  the right's Health HUD and name was cut off.  I tried to mess with the settings, changing the resolution from 1080i to 720p so on and so forth, but i still have not had any luck getting the full screen with hdmi! 

I have determined that the image is just not cented on screen.  None of the logo's are perfectly center, all are about 2-3 inches to the right from the center of screen.

e.g. when i press the Playstation button, where 'shutdown controller/shutdown system' appears,  this should be centered but is not! it is about 2 inches to the right from center.  If one wasnt looking for it, one would not even notice.  But now that i had noticed everything always seems off center. 

Although, when i plug in my ps3 using rca cables, it is perfectly centered.  i am using a 37 inch magnovox lcd tv. 480p/720p/1080i.  The hdmi cable i am using is the 60$ sony ps3 branded hdmi cable.  I have the latest firmware 1.90. 

Just to clearify,  the image fulls my tv screen (not a black space).  I just dont get all of the picture when using a HDMI cable. i would say i am seeing 90% of the picture, the 10% missing is the right side i cant see.  Any help would be great.  thanks!

-John

p.s.  would the playstation gods please let me in home =)
psn id:  Prankst

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (598 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: PS3 Screen cut off (on right) only when using HDMI cable? HELP!

Jul 28, 2007

Prankst wrote:
Greetings everyone,

I dont have many posts but i am looking for some help.  I just downloaded tekken 5 and noticed something that i been overlooking for a long time (since i got my hdtv in january)!  Once i ran the tekken 5 game, during my first fight i had noticed the fighter on  the right's Health HUD and name was cut off.  I tried to mess with the settings, changing the resolution from 1080i to 720p so on and so forth, but i still have not had any luck getting the full screen with hdmi! 

I have determined that the image is just not cented on screen.  None of the logo's are perfectly center, all are about 2-3 inches to the right from the center of screen.

e.g. when i press the Playstation button, where 'shutdown controller/shutdown system' appears,  this should be centered but is not! it is about 2 inches to the right from center.  If one wasnt looking for it, one would not even notice.  But now that i had noticed everything always seems off center. 

Although, when i plug in my ps3 using rca cables, it is perfectly centered.  i am using a 37 inch magnovox lcd tv. 480p/720p/1080i.  The hdmi cable i am using is the 60$ sony ps3 branded hdmi cable.  I have the latest firmware 1.90. 

Just to clearify,  the image fulls my tv screen (not a black space).  I just dont get all of the picture when using a HDMI cable. i would say i am seeing 90% of the picture, the 10% missing is the right side i cant see.  Any help would be great.  thanks!

-John

p.s.  would the playstation gods please let me in home =)
psn id:  Prankst

its called overscan and has nothing to do with the ps3. its your tv. see if there is a setting to adjust. but not the ps3
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Jul 28, 2007
overscan?  is this common? i dont see an option for it anywhere in my tv?   Better yet, how can i fix it?

Message Edited by Prankst on 07-28-2007 02:54 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 28, 2007
What kind of TV do you have?  You may need to enter the factory options/settings on the TV and you can adjust the image that way.  However, be warned!  There are many options to select from and you can really mess up your TV if you change the wrong setting or too many settings.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)
0 Likes