Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Re: Our PS3's are dusty... We are all screwed.

Nov 11, 2007

Snobrder218 wrote:
Who cares people? In less than a week, our manufacturs warranys are over, thus meaning if you have an extended one, you can just take it to the store and get it replaced.

Stop crying about some dust. It IS neglect. It's not in there because you're house should be clean, and to get absurd amounts of dust inside something, is neglect...your house isn't clean, thus damaging your system.

Accidents like dropping can be prevented...so can dust. I have an air purifier that takes out over 60% of dust in the air, I clean my electronics daily, EVERYTHING you should be doing.

I've had my console since Jan and no problems.

Btw: Don't claim to me that air purifiers are too much $. Mine was 38$ from wal-mart and works great.

yay... do you want a cookie or a sticker?
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 31 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2983 posts

Nov 11, 2007
well if my ps3 is dusty and it breaks ill call sony and exchange or ill sue them =)

not rly just to let u no my ps3 is perfect

Message Edited by CheckMatey on 11-11-2007 10:57 AM
Message 32 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9446 posts

Nov 11, 2007

zigzag317 wrote:

Snobrder218 wrote:
Who cares people? In less than a week, our manufacturs warranys are over, thus meaning if you have an extended one, you can just take it to the store and get it replaced.

Stop crying about some dust. It IS neglect. It's not in there because you're house should be clean, and to get absurd amounts of dust inside something, is neglect...your house isn't clean, thus damaging your system.

Accidents like dropping can be prevented...so can dust. I have an air purifier that takes out over 60% of dust in the air, I clean my electronics daily, EVERYTHING you should be doing.

I've had my console since Jan and no problems.

Btw: Don't claim to me that air purifiers are too much $. Mine was 38$ from wal-mart and works great.

yay... do you want a cookie or a sticker?

I have plenty of cookies that I give out a lot, so a sticker would kick ass.

And on a serious note, do you think thats funny? I'm telling people how to prevent this instead of damaging their system. grow up.
Message 33 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2991 posts

Nov 11, 2007

Snobrder218 wrote:

JoeElMex wrote:
I called them and they told me dust would not void the warranty.  This is somewhat ridiculous, I would be just as upset as him if this would happen to me.  Maybe you should email the major news gatherings. 

No, thats the last thing we need. Bad publicity. Then people wont wanna buy it more, and just bad lies get spread. It's all BS in my mind.

I've never come across a rep for ANY company that goes "well ummm....this this...umm.."

Who the hell would hire someone who "umm"s all the time? No one.

Actually sometimes reps do need some time to think about what to say. Because after all everything someone says in a CSR phone conversation is recorded. And he can't put his company in jeopardy because of his words.
Message 34 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9446 posts

Nov 11, 2007

DaPinChin wrote:

Snobrder218 wrote:

JoeElMex wrote:
I called them and they told me dust would not void the warranty.  This is somewhat ridiculous, I would be just as upset as him if this would happen to me.  Maybe you should email the major news gatherings. 

No, thats the last thing we need. Bad publicity. Then people wont wanna buy it more, and just bad lies get spread. It's all BS in my mind.

I've never come across a rep for ANY company that goes "well ummm....this this...umm.."

Actually sometimes reps do need some time to think about what to say. Because after all everything someone says in a CSR phone conversation is recorded. And he can't put his company in jeopardy because of his words.

But still, the fact of the matter is that if more crap gets around on top of the "its too expensive, there are no games"....the sales are not going to go up, espically this close to christmas.
Message 35 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Nov 11, 2007
i had 2 ps2 screw up becuase of dust and never once had a problem with sony. great customer support
Message 36 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Nov 11, 2007
oh well

Message Edited by ajcsnave on 11-11-2007 02:41 PM
PSN: Eternal_Ghandi ... dont ask :smileyhappy:
Message 37 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6137 posts

Nov 11, 2007
OMG...!!!! NOT THE DUST?!! are you people **bleep**ing retarded? Clean your PS3 once a week and your fine. WOW
Message 38 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Nov 11, 2007
Dust will not void the warranty.
Photobucket
Message 39 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2991 posts

Nov 11, 2007

Snobrder218 wrote:

DaPinChin wrote:

Snobrder218 wrote:

JoeElMex wrote:

But still, the fact of the matter is that if more crap gets around on top of the "its too expensive, there are no games"....the sales are not going to go up, espically this close to christmas.

I know. I want my console to succeed but Sony needs to know this will not be tolerated....Dust shouldn't classify as Acts of God or Neglecting....That major BS. The PS3 is built to withstand dust buildup....And if it wasn't Sony should specify care options to clean it....
Message 40 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes