Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2009
By: phobos75 First Son 4 posts

My PS3's fan is making a loud noise..

6 replies 3207 views Edited Apr 26, 2009

I've had my PS3 for over a year now, and this has never happened before. It has just started to make a loud noise from the cooling fan system starting yesterday, it doesn't sound like grinding or anything of that nature, it's just become really loud, like the fan is going into overtime. The strange thing about this is that it only happens when I play GTA IV for around 10 minutes or more, and with any other game I play, it doesn't happen. I've had GTA IV for a few weeks now and it hasn't happened at all, even when playing it non stop for a good amount of time (around 2-3 hours), so it has just started to happen when I play for a small period of time. Once I stop playing GTA IV and remove the disk, the PS3 will stop making the loud fan noise after about 5 minutes. I'm thinking that something might be wrong with the disk, but it has no scratches, smudges or dust on it.

I don't really know what to do, as I think it may be a problem with my PS3, suddenly not being able to handle the large scale environment of GTA IV, but I'm unsure.

If anyone could reply with some help, thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Re: My PS3's fan is making a loud noise..

Apr 26, 2009
I noticed my 40g doing that about three weeks ago. I bought compressed air from office max, blew it throuhg the system then vaccumed all the vents, two weeks later I got the YellowLightOfDeath. Be very cautious what you do to it.
bic501
Message 2 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Apr 26, 2009

bic501 wrote:
I noticed my 40g doing that about three weeks ago. I bought compressed air from office max, blew it throuhg the system then vaccumed all the vents, two weeks later I got the YellowLightOfDeath. Be very cautious what you do to it.

Lol u did the two things u wernt suppsto do To clean it u have to OPEN it and THEN vaccum it Gosh even a 13 year old knows that  :smileyvery-happy:

2PAC IS ALIVE.
Message 3 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Apr 26, 2009

richboy96 wrote:

bic501 wrote:

Lol u did the two things u wernt suppsto do To clean it u have to OPEN it and THEN vaccum it Gosh even a 13 year old knows that  :smileyvery-happy:

It's odd that you say your not suppose to do both of those things, when I called sony about the problem they said the only thing that they could recommend was to vacumm out the vents, other then that I would have to send it in. Maybe sony doesn't know you're not suppose to do it, YEAH RIGHT. Maybe you should get facts straight before you post, or maybe atleast ask your mommy what she thinks. This is the reason why you should have to be sixteen to buy a ps3, it's a mature system and it needs mature fans, not spoiled rich kids, that thinks they know everything, when in actuality that know nothing. Your probably also like the suck60 too.

bic501
Message 4 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 26, 2009
I've tried vacuuming the vents, I ended up removing some dust, but when I tried playing GTA IV again, the same thing happened...
Message Edited by phobos75 on 04-26-2009 09:11 AM
Message 5 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Apr 26, 2009
You have nothing to worry about GTA4 does that I have two 40gb ps3 and the fans in both speed up. Its not going to harm the system I played GTA4 for hours with than fan going like that. Its just something to do with the programming of GTA4.
Message 6 of 7 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Apr 26, 2009

richboy96 wrote:

bic501 wrote:

are you retarded?

you dont open the system to clean it! BWAHAHAHAHA

have you read the manual? do you know how to take care of electronics?

320gb Slim
500gb Slim
SoftModded Wii with 640GB HDD
320gb XBox 360 S
LG 55" 120Hz LCD
LG 1000w 5.1
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
4TB Media Server
320GB HD PVR

Playstation Plus Member

Gaming Since 1983
Message 7 of 7 (3,207 Views)