Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Re: Jealousy growing.

Dec 3, 2006
I clearly said " future success " in my post.
I idely sat by , with a CC in hand at one point , while the supposed " Best Buy Preorder " took place. Now keep in mind , Best Buy , BEST BUY doesn't do preorders on video game consoles , and everyone should know that. Especially when you go to BestBuy.com and can't get to the area the link provides??? I mean , C'MON!
Message 11 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Dec 3, 2006

tru_canuck wrote:
I wouldn't call 400 thousand sold a success. Especially when half of them were resold on eBay.Smiley Indifferent

Are you on crack or something, the success is the brand, and if Sony could do their job better, there would already have been sold 4-5 mill consoles worldwide, but because of problems with blu ray, you can't hardly find one.

eBay doesn't say anything about success, without eBay Playstation 3 will sell anyway.
Hvem har pisset p�� din sukkermad?
Message 12 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Dec 3, 2006
its a sony no bologni
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Message 13 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Dec 3, 2006
I know for the people who don't own a PS3 might not like this , but....

E-bay has actually propelled the PS3 a little more. If everyone wants the system , then yeah EVERYBODY wants it. That's why there's E-bay. The E-bayers knew the PS3 would be a success , why do you think they snatched them up. Maybe the E-bayers are more hardcore than the people who want to actually play the system. Think about it , the main reason you sell a PS3 on E-bay is to make a profit. I could see how a person looking to double their potential investment could out do a true gamer who has to fork money over to get what they want. Hence , the reason PS3s are on E-bay. If no one wanted a PS3 , they wouldn't be on E-bay.

I idely sat by , with a CC in hand at one point , while the supposed " Best Buy Preorder " took place. Now keep in mind , Best Buy , BEST BUY doesn't do preorders on video game consoles , and everyone should know that. Especially when you go to BestBuy.com and can't get to the area the link provides??? I mean , C'MON!
Message 14 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Dec 3, 2006
You can't let what anyone posts here get to you.  That holds for fanboys to true gamers.  Everyone has an opinion here and some will articulate them better (much better) then others but you should never try to look into why people do or say what they do.  The best you can do is put in your 2 cents and not get hooked by someone else's banter.

Message 15 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11292 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Equinoxe_7 wrote:

tru_canuck wrote:
I wouldn't call 400 thousand sold a success. Especially when half of them were resold on eBay.Smiley Indifferent

Are you on crack or something, the success is the brand, and if Sony could do their job better, there would already have been sold 4-5 mill consoles worldwide, but because of problems with blu ray, you can't hardly find one.

eBay doesn't say anything about success, without eBay Playstation 3 will sell anyway.

No, I just have a calculator.Smiley Indifferent The small supply is WHY it's a failure. If you can't supply a reasonable ammount then wait. 40 thousand out of 400 thousand for Canada is just ridiculous, of course it's not a success. Robberies and mass chaos is nothing short of a disaster. Of course the 360 launch was just as bad I didn't get one till December. Plus, when your main focus is to cater to your main demographic and they aren't tended to, bad things happen. Economics 101.
Message 16 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11292 posts

Dec 3, 2006

JoeFromMD wrote:
I know for the people who don't own a PS3 might not like this , but....

E-bay has actually propelled the PS3 a little more. If everyone wants the system , then yeah EVERYBODY wants it. That's why there's E-bay. The E-bayers knew the PS3 would be a success , why do you think they snatched them up. Maybe the E-bayers are more hardcore than the people who want to actually play the system. Think about it , the main reason you sell a PS3 on E-bay is to make a profit. I could see how a person looking to double their potential investment could out do a true gamer who has to fork money over to get what they want. Hence , the reason PS3s are on E-bay. If no one wanted a PS3 , they wouldn't be on E-bay.

Partially. It's supply and demand. Of course demand will be high, but when supply is low, greedy people will go for it. Most people can't afford to pay the princely sums on eBay which is why I consider it negative. They didn't know it would be a success they just saw what happened with the 360 and knew they could reap the benefits of the chaos.
Message 17 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Dec 3, 2006

tru_canuck wrote:

Equinoxe_7 wrote:

tru_canuck wrote:

No, I just have a calculator.Smiley Indifferent The small supply is WHY it's a failure. If you can't supply a reasonable ammount then wait. 40 thousand out of 400 thousand for Canada is just ridiculous, of course it's not a success. Robberies and mass chaos is nothing short of a disaster. Of course the 360 launch was just as bad I didn't get one till December. Plus, when your main focus is to cater to your main demographic and they aren't tended to, bad things happen. Economics 101.

In the first place I don't know why you are using the word success, well it's a success if you look at the demand, but it's not a success because they can't get enough sold, but do you know how many Playstation 3 sold before it's a success, so let's just wait for next year before we are talking about success.
Hvem har pisset p�� din sukkermad?
Message 18 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Dec 3, 2006
Ahem , how many systems did 360 have before the end of last year.... don't answer the question , just stop posting. Because if you answer the question you'll look foolish. Microsoft promised more shipments by the end of 05 , and they never came. I should know from personal experience. Oh wait there goes Sony , flying their consoles into atleast try and did what Microsoft promised and eventually lied about. Enough said.
Message 19 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Dec 3, 2006
This is exactly the reason my Console decision is:

95% - PS3

5% - Xbox 360 (gears of war...the only reason lol)

I hear so much negativity geared at Sony/PS3 at work that you eventually just tune out the "nerd-banter".

Lol, I swear...MS fans will literally say ANYTHING to make themselves feel better. I actually heard a high pitched nasal voice refer to the Wii version of Cod3 as the "superior port", fallowed by unanimous delusional agreement from peers.

Jealousy is there, no doubt about that. So far its a 2-0 Sony Market..lets hope a 3-0 is in the works. : )

Message 20 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes