First Son
14 posts

Re: I want compensation for Sony corrupting my Phat PS3!

Mar 1, 2010

Your trophies are on PSN servers. The data is corrupted because it has DRM and couldn't be validated. I'm sure that Sony will give us something good.

Message 121 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 1, 2010
Message 122 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 1, 2010

Why not call what all of you are doing overexagerrating?  That is exactly what is going on...I've put enough money into my system and have spent just as much as you all in games and stuff but I don't see the point in complaining about it!!  Exactly what will that accomplish besides showing your true maturity levels?  How old are you, like 12?  Grow up and show a modicum of maturity!!  Complaining won't make Sony move any faster...in fact, as I've already pointed out ad nauseum, Sony contracts out to build these things, so it, technically, is not their faulty equipment that caused this.  PSN is not technically run by them either...they contract out to another company to run their servers.  Why are you all so fast to put the blame on Sony's shoulders?  I doubt ALL of your guys data is corrupted, as mine isn't, so it IS overexagerrating the issue!!   I understand your frustration with Sony and realize that, ultimately, it IS their problem to address and fix the issue, but complaining as much as some people are does nothing to fix the problem.  That's all I'm saying.  I am just as upset and frustrated as anyone, but I'm old enough and mature enough to realize that my complaining will not help resolve anything.  Don't misunderstand or misinterpret anything I'm writing here as being in FAVOR of Sony not telling us anything, but merely take it for what it is.  A calm and mature reaction to what everyone else is blowing WAY out of proportion.  This problem will eventually right itself at midnight.  If your data remains corrupted for downloads just take the time to re-download it and overwrite the other data, as Sony CANNOT and WILL NOT keep you from downloading something you have already purchased...they are well aware that this situation is bad for them and could considerably bring a class action lawsuit against them, IF, and ONLY IF, they keep all of us from downloading the content we have already purchased from them.  If your saved games remain corrupted, then I offer my heart-felt apology to you all because I have put many hours of gameplay into most of my games as well and would be just as upset if it were me...but I would NEVER threaten Sony or ask for compensation for any reason.  When we purchase these systems, regardless of how much money we spend as a consumer, we should all be aware that there could be potential problems, bugs, or glitches in hardware, firmware, or software that could potentially alter the overall viability, usability, or productivity of said system.  With that being said, again, I extend my apologies to those of you who have experienced more data corruption or loss than myself.

Message 123 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 1, 2010

And to Eiri I say, stop taking people's posts out of context!!  I have spent just as much as you have!!  Are you into journalism?  You would make a great newspaper reporter because they tend to take quotes from people and bend them and shape them to suit their needs as you did with mine.  Before you all flame me for the posting Eiri pulled out of the whole post, read what I wrote...I merely pointed out that things will get fixed eventually and SOME persons are worrying themselves too much about this.  However, Eiri pulled this quote out to try and prove his/her point and make themselves feel better because of what they spent for their PS3.  I have no doubt that you are upset because of what you spent, as am I, but trying to flame someone as you have serves no purpose, or helps this unfortunate situation in any way, shape, or form.  In the future please refrain from pulling PARTIAL quotes from someone's post to further your ideas...it only helps to prove what I was saying that some people are blowing this thing out of proportion.  And read my other posts about this incredibly terrible situation before you try to misjudge me based on one person's post!!

Message 124 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Mar 1, 2010

iEzhik wrote:

Whitwhit, look: http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=whitwhit

Your trophies are there.

but i do lost my thropies, i dont see god of war collections thropies just to mention 1

http://us.playstation.com/mytrophies/index.htm

Message 125 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 1, 2010

I am not happy with this problem, but to say this is going to be worse than Toyota's case?

Some people lost their lives from the faulty vehicles! I highly doubt that your PS3 is going to take your life because of this problem. Next time try not to compare a serious problem like (TOYOTA)  with a PS3 problem.

Message 126 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Mar 1, 2010

JohnRKlein wrote:

This is total crap.

My son told me that none of his games were working right. I noticed the date was changed to 12/31/1999.. I then found out that none of the the DLC games or DLC game addons were working. I then noticed that the trophies were all messed up.

I came online and found out this is happening to all PS3 Phat Customers. I quickly turned off my PS3. Now it's starting to sound that we may have also corrupted our save games???

This is crazy.. Why have we not heard ANYTHING from Sony other then the network is now down for Maintenance.

I have paid Sony a TON of money for the PS3 and DLC. Not just me, but my son and a couple friends. We are now not able to play the system at all even offline.

Sony better not only fix this issue, but they better compensate those of us they have rear ended.

My sons Phat PS3 is also not working.  it wont connect to the PSN.  My slim connects just fine.  I hope this fix this issue ASAP!

Message 127 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 1, 2010

All you're trophies are still there, my Heavy Rain trophies don't show up but I have I same amount of trophies as I did when I beat the game. They just must not have synced to the site yet because of this problem.

Message 128 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 1, 2010

this does suck but i agree that a company literally diying is worth 400 bucks

Message 129 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Mar 1, 2010

JustTheBeginning wrote:

oneDMAC wrote:

JustTheBeginning wrote:

Chill, it has only been a couple hours. This is most likely related to the new PSN stuff they did earlier, the problem with the DLC/onlien games is they cant find the lincense on your PSN profile because they PSN profile servers are semi-off or something, same with trophies the servers are just broke.

I bet everything will be fixed tomorrow, nothing is really corrupt, its just confused because the servers are screwed up.

The servers should have nothing to do with game saves.  I lost the majority of my game saves to corrupted data.  Maybe Im missing something but since game saves can occur with absolutely no internet connection I dont understand how the servers crashing would make them appear corrupted when they are not.  

For all we know it could very well be some kind of anti-security mechanism that was set off by a false positive because the PSN accounts tried to connect to the PSN but there was no record of them in the system (prevent hackers maybe?)
Point is it could be anything, I have a HARD time believing they really corrupted local data and killed our PS3's by just loging in via the PSN, and I think it will all be fixed shortly.
If I am wrong then we can all sit back,  drink a cold one, and watch the all powerful Sony company literally implode before our very eyes in a mere 24 hours... that is worth $300 of a lost PS3 I would say

roflmfao...$300 my ass...i bought my 80gib the very day it came out and payed $500...not to mention if they can't restore missing data that was purchased from the playstation store (for exmaple: my entire list of themes says corrupt data)...they will be held accountable as well. This is one really, really, big problem for Sony. I truly hope they find a way to fix it, for their own sake lol.

Message 130 of 137 (0 Views)
0 Likes