Oct 21 2010
By: BowlOfNoodles288 First Son 3 posts

Humming Noise coming out from TV from composite connection.

4 replies 504 views Edited Oct 21, 2010

I have a 60gb PS3 and just a few days ago, my TV starts making a humming noise whenever I turn it onto the input that my ps3s composite input are connected to.  I pulled out the two sound cables, the red and white ports from the TV and the humming will stop.  The Humming noise will even happen even if my ps3 is not turned on which is pretty weird.  I tried switching to different channels and there wouldn't be any of the humming noise from the TV, so I'm pretty sure it's my not TV, but the connection from my ps3 to the TV, so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and has a fix for it.  I tried pulling out the cables and putting it into a different connection and same thing would happen on that input.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Re: Humming Noise coming out from TV from composite connection.

Oct 21, 2010

Check the connection on the PS3. Make sure that it's a snug fit.  I had that problem on my PS2 with the humming noise more prominent due to use of amplified speakers.  Switching to a component cable solved the problem. I'd recommend switching to either component (better) or HDMI cable (best).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Oct 21, 2010

AlphaWolf99 wrote:

Check the connection on the PS3. Make sure that it's a snug fit.  I had that problem on my PS2 with the humming noise more prominent due to use of amplified speakers.  Switching to a component cable solved the problem. I'd recommend switching to either component (better) or HDMI cable (best).

Trying a new cable or plugging something other than the PS3 in may be a good idea but I don't see how a component cable would be better than composite as far as sound goes.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 21, 2010

Alright, thanks, I've tried pulling the cables out and plugging them in and it didn't really help, going to ask my friend to see if I can get his composite cables to see if there are any changes, but since I haven't bought a HDTV yet, don't have hdmi connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Oct 21, 2010

Sounds like a ground loop problem. Try buying a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter for your PS3's power cable.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (504 Views)
0 Likes