Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
95 posts

Re: Fixed my PS3 ((blu ray related)) <----Here's my story

Sep 10, 2010

I...for one am happy that you dug your way through the trenches for us lol.I spent a night 2 and a half days to get my first gen and although it died on me and I bought the slim my old skool PS3 laughs at me and my $600 less wallet everytime I come into the room thats ironically named "THE PS3 ROOM" Im about to order the laser from the website you suggested and use your guide to install it.Again thanks for the great info!

Please use plain text.
Message 971 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Oct 12, 2010

Well it looks like this thread started a couple years ago but there are some recent posts so here goes. Recently, my orginal laung 60gb ps3 starting to load a game or two slowly and not recognize some blu ray disc movies. One game in particular (Demon's Souls), will try to load but then go to a black screen. I have to hold the power button down to restart. If I keep doing this, it may read on the 5th, 6th, 7th, etc try.

I have done a lot of researching and googling and have concluded it is most likely the same issue as the OP. Since so much time has passed since the original post I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone can give me some information to assist me with deciding to attempt to replace myself or send to Sony:

Obviously, my unit is out of warranty. If I open it and fail at the replacement, can I still send to Sony afterwards for them to repair?

I've found a lot of places to purchase the part (KES-400AAA), even here in the US at a reasonable prices. All of them claim to be new; does anyone know for sure a very reputable place to buy?

If I do send my out-of-warranty unit to Sony, can I request/demand they send me the SAME unit back? In other words, since it isn't a warranty replacement (I'm paying them to repair my unit), can I get the same one back? If not, that probably tells me I'll need to do it myself.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Please use plain text.
Message 972 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Oct 12, 2010

videogameaction  my total came to 67.39 havent installed it yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 973 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Nov 22, 2010

If you do replace your laser with a kem-400-aaa there are several things you need to know.

1.) The control board is only compatible with your mother board. 

2.) The laser is no longer produced/manufactored, because it sucks.

3.) Look for a seller that provides this type of information and offers a warranty on the DIODE, if they say its not covered don't bother.

4.) Lens>no more than $50 but the demand is high since there are a lot of faillures so look on ebay, there are legit sellers on there.

Hope that helps, 95% of the time it is the diode that died( The laser).  The other times it could be the driver board(screwed) or deck or something else.

Kovich

I'm a beast. Socom:ARAS_KoViCH
Please use plain text.
Message 974 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

Nov 22, 2010

you game MAYBE an hour for MAYBE 1 time a week?!?!? i dont see how that is possible.....then again i remember playing close to 18 hours straight once

Please use plain text.
Message 975 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2010

Hi everyone, I skimmed through about 30 pages of my thread and couldnt find anything like my problem. I have had this plastation 3 for 4 years now. But due to financle situations throughout the last few years I never had it connected to the internet or done any kind of updates on it. I have had a few problems with it not wanting to read blurays on the first try but I figured it was from a dirty lens. Never gave me any trouble with dvds or cds. So we just got wireless internet, and I had listened to a cd on it a few hours before with no troubles. I updated to the lastest software release from sony and now it wont play anything. I opened her up and could see that when I inserted a disc it would not try to spin it. So being curious I took the top off and pulled the arms back to make it thing a disc was being loaded and a bright blue light came out of the lens. I dont want to replace the lens and have it not be that considering that the disc wont even spin....well any input would be very much apprieciated. This is really my only source of entertainment, and I cant afford to spend parts on what it "might" be. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 976 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Hello everybody, I have two 40 gig CECHGO1 and both won't play Blu-rays, dvd's or cd's. My buddies died in less than a year and he still had warranty on it, mine died after the warranty.  So i got screwed and i didn't want to spend another $300 plus taxes to buy another one that will die in another couple of years.  I finally broke down and bought (the gamer's fix $67 after taxes and shipping) a kes 400a replacement for it.  Installed it today and any every blu-ray, dvd and cd spins now, the icon in the corner is there, but it won't stop spinning and it won't play anything still. I really don't want spend any more money on this stupid thing. Anybody have any ideas what wrong with this thing. 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Message 977 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jan 23, 2011

The laser on my CECHK01 PS3 died on January 16th during a 5-race championship run in Gran Turismo 5. I had just won the second race and entered the cool down lap yet the results never appeared, hitting Start produced an empty prompt (no text) and I had to force quit the game. The machine ended up freezing so after a hard shutdown I powered it back up and the console failed to produce media icons in the XMB for movies or games. I immediately hopped on the net and found this thread then went searching for a (more recent) seller. A quick google search put on me on gamerepairworld.com and the KEM-410ACA (laser with mechanism) for $43, or $38 for the laser alone. The price was good so I opted for the mechanism to save some time during the swap; I also went with the slow USPS option. The part arrived today (yay!) and aside from the deck being marked KEM-410CCA and a small slice in the ribbon cable during shipment (running with the wires, wires were not nicked) everything has worked fine for the 3+ hours I had the console on. I also had to go out and buy a screwdriver that contained the tamper proof T10 Torx driver. For around $70 total I'm very happy to have my PS3 and GT5 back.

Replaced KEM-410ACA on 01/22/2011
Please use plain text.
Message 978 of 978 (155 Views)
0 Likes