Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2325 posts

Re: Extremly Happy w/ ps3 repair service

May 3, 2008
All because you got lucky and got your **bleep** back in 6 days doesnt meant were mentally uncorrect. I have been waiting for my PS3 for 3 weeks, and ye I really hope your PS3 breaks again real soon and you send it in and wait just like us you **bleep**ing **bleep** head.
WarHungry wrote:
Who ever said that the sony sevice was a joke, is not mentally correct in the head. I mean the only way it really could get better would to be a shorter phone call and a 1hr wait(idk if that makes sense). My blu ray player broke i called them and in 3 days the box came. And i sent it back UPS expected it to be delivered in 7 days but it came in 6. I was actually suprised that sony didn't give me problems because i didn't put a network cable in box and the recipt copy i had was from summer so it was real dull. Thank you sony, Now could i ask for a lil info on in game xmb(hopefully by next week)

PSP PHAT 3.72
PS3 40GB

Unproud EX-Owner of 360
Message 31 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jun 7, 2008

I just had my DRE, it also happened on COD4 does anyone know when i will get my system back im from SE Pennsylvania

Message 32 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Jun 7, 2008
for some reason i do want to experience it.
Message 33 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Jun 7, 2008
My experience was great.  Got the coffin in 3 days, sent it off on Friday, they got it Monday,.  they shipped it back same day, got it back in 3 days.
PSN ID: Oryp

PS3 60 gig, Xbox 360, and WII
Gaming since the Atari 2600
Message 34 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 11, 2009
i had the YLOD problem with my ps3 and i paid my service fee to get it back 4 weeks later. I had it for 3 days before same problem happened again with the system just cutting out while playing madden. I was worried from the start as the refurbished ps3 had an extremly loud fan in it & sure enough it broke again. As you can see def not too happy with the service
Message 35 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Sep 11, 2009
Nice To Hear This!
Photobucket
Message 36 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 22, 2009
With my PS3 out of warranty with a dead blu ray after the September 2009 firmware update, I decided to try a local firm.  Took it in late Saturday - got it back Monday - and it's my box with my data, not someone else's thrashed refurb.  New laser, $100 and I'm good to go...  If you're in the Sacramento area, I highly recommend gamedayresources.com, especially with newly-announced increase in Sony's repair charge.
Message 37 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 25, 2010
You're absolutely correct. I sent in a unit got a scratched up one 3 weeks later that was dead out of the box. They made me go through the whole process over and offer me a first party game for free as if that really helps because I've played all of their stuff. All I want is a working unit which I asked to simply be overnighted to me since they **bleep**ed up but they wouldn't do it( they quickly turned around my co-worker's who happens to be of a different race hmm...) Good thing I have an xbox and wii here in the house.
Message 38 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 17, 2010

The people I talked to at Sony were great, but the repair service is a joke.  My first PS3 lasted just over a yr until it stopped reading discs.  I paid Sony $150 to fix it.  Got it back, worked for exactly 1 year 1 mo until it shut off automatically and never turned back on.  So I called Sony again and this time they offered to fix it for free.  I though that was great!  Unfortunately I was wrong.  They sent me back a refurbished unit (so lost everything on original machine).  This one lasted about 30 days until it too had the same exact power problem (turn on, 3 beeps, yellow flash then blinking red light).  At this point in time I'm pretty pissed off, so once again, I call Sony and they say they'll fix it for free AGAIN!  Yippy!  Two weeks later, I get my 4th refurbed PS3 from them.  At this point in time I'm feeling pretty good.  Sony has a good reputation for quality and everything right?  NOPE, this one freezes after being on for 5 -10 min.  I did a full system restore thinking that might fix it, WRONG.  It works great if you like playing for 10 minutes and then have to manually reset it every time.  So, I'm about to call these MOFO's right now, so wish me luck. 

Message 39 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes