Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 23 2009
By: xHE4VENxH3LLx Lombax Warrior 95 posts
Offline

Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

10 replies 30177 views Edited Apr 23, 2009
I have a new $399 80GB PS3 from Bestbuy. I want to insert a memory stick duo but I don't know where the slots are at? Help me please. =(
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Apr 23, 2009

xHE4VENxH3LLx wrote:
I have a new $399 80GB PS3 from Bestbuy. I want to insert a memory stick duo but I don't know where the slots are at? Help me please. =(

 

No, your system does not have memory card slots.  None of the current systems have memory card slots.  They removed it starting with the 40GB system, and all the new systems after that were based on the 40GB system, so they don't have memory card slots.

 

You can, however, buy a memory card reader, and plug it into a USB port, and it will work just fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/15/2009
Offline
95 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Apr 23, 2009

Solar_Difusion wrote:

xHE4VENxH3LLx wrote:
I have a new $399 80GB PS3 from Bestbuy. I want to insert a memory stick duo but I don't know where the slots are at? Help me please. =(

 

No, your system does not have memory card slots.  None of the current systems have memory card slots.  They removed it starting with the 40GB system, and all the new systems after that were based on the 40GB system, so they don't have memory card slots.

 

You can, however, buy a memory card reader, and plug it into a USB port, and it will work just fine.


Thanks for the answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/18/2009
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Apr 23, 2009

xHE4VENxH3LLx wrote:
I have a new $399 80GB PS3 from Bestbuy. I want to insert a memory stick duo but I don't know where the slots are at? Help me please. =(

 

The new ps3's dont have the memory card slots only the old ones do this is where they would be http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/news/sony/ps3-card-slot.jpg 
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Apr 23, 2009

Anytime.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/28/2009
Offline
1353 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Apr 23, 2009

i was also surprised when i took mine out of the box. i tried to open the hatch and she wouldnt budge.

 

o well

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/04/2010
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Jul 4, 2010

My ps3 does not have a memory card slot but I need to a ps3 update 3.30 but I cannot download the update because when I download something on my ps3 I get charged for it. So how can I download the update and put it on my ps3 without the memory stick since I have a newer version and it doesn't support it  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/03/2007
Offline
195 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Jul 4, 2010

 


lovepreetsingh12 wrote:

My ps3 does not have a memory card slot but I need to a ps3 update 3.30 but I cannot download the update because when I download something on my ps3 I get charged for it. So how can I download the update and put it on my ps3 without the memory stick since I have a newer version and it doesn't support it  


 

This was answered above:  You buy a memory card reader for your memory stick, and use the USB port.

 

Cheers,

Paul

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/16/2009
Offline
3221 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Jul 4, 2010

Actually, you buy a USB flash drive and just use it, instead.

Game 1: Giants 11-7 Rangers       Game 4: Giants 4-0 Rangers            GIANTS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!
Game 2: Giants 9-0 Rangers         Game 5: Giants 3-1 Rangers                             2010 Champs!
Game 3: Rangers 4-2 Giants
Go Giants!


PyrrhusRex Trophy Card

                               | Uncharted 2 Stats | Learn to Google |

    Modern War Gear Solid

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
7941 posts
 

Re: Does My PS3 Have Memory Card Slots?

Jul 4, 2010

 


lovepreetsingh12 wrote:

My ps3 does not have a memory card slot but I need to a ps3 update 3.30 but I cannot download the update because when I download something on my ps3 I get charged for it. So how can I download the update and put it on my ps3 without the memory stick since I have a newer version and it doesn't support it  


 

If someone is charging you for the update, you need to get it directly from Sony (XMB > Settings > System Update).  This will download and install the update directly to your PS3.

 

If you are being charged for the download itself (i.e. from your internet service for the bandwidth you are using), you need to find a new ISP.  Most providers out there offer unlimited download bandwidth.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (30,177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes