Dec 20 2008
By: EvL_Gamer First Son 13 posts

Controller assignment problems.

2 replies 1 views Edited Dec 20, 2008

Greetings,

I have two controllers, one just a plain sixaxis that came with my system, and one dual-shock 3.  I recently picked up that energizer ps3 charging stand from best buy, and im happy with the purchase.  But since I started using it there is a wierd issue that happens, when I power on my ps3 with one of the controllers, it sets itself as #2 instead of #1, which it should not do since my other controller is still in the charging stand.  I can reassign it to #1 from the XMB settings menu, but this is annoying to have to do everytime.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I cant figure out why just having them sit on a charging stand would affect which controller# they recieve, it should still be first come first served right?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Controller assignment problems.

Dec 20, 2008

You don't have a Guitar Hero dongle, or any other USB receiver for a controller plugged in, do you?

That's so far the only case I know of that the controller doesn't take slot 1.  I don't remember off hand if the BD Remote takes up 1, I think it automatically takes up slot 7 though.

Message 2 of 3 (1 View)
First Son
13 posts

Re: Controller assignment problems.

Dec 20, 2008
I didnt think of that!  I did recently pick up BUZZ Quiz TV for the ps3, which comes with a usb dongle.  Ill try removing that, fingers crossed.
Message 3 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes