Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 17 2011
By: Pola3F0x First Son 4 posts

Cant log into psn with new psn account?

11 replies 168 views Edited Aug 17, 2011

Hi, after ps3 got hacked, my parents went nuts about my loginname, witch could be related to my last name (   ) and i had to make a new psn account, but i soon figured out that i will loose all save games, and i tried to use old ps3 account, with new psn account, but it refuses me to log in, with other psn account than my first one. witch my parents go nuts about me using. is there any way to log in with new psn account?

Message 1 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Cant log into psn with new psn account?

Aug 17, 2011

Pola3F0x wrote:

Hi, after ps3 got hacked, my parents went nuts about my loginname, witch could be related to my last name (   ) and i had to make a new psn account, but i soon figured out that i will loose all save games, and i tried to use old ps3 account, with new psn account, but it refuses me to log in, with other psn account than my first one. witch my parents go nuts about me using. is there any way to log in with new psn account?

All your gamesaves, trophies, online stats are linked to the old PSN ID.  You cannot just put a new PSN ID and be able to keep everything.

Your only option pretty much is to create a new PS3 User, and put your new PSN ID onto it, and start fresh with gamesaves, trophies, and online stuff.

You can continue to use the old one if you purchased stuff from the PSN with it (if you get rid of it, all purchased stuff stops working), and for offline gamesaves.

Message 2 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 17, 2011

gt5 savegame is the one i wanna keep the most, it took many hours, and it isnt linked to online user, only ps3 user, and i cant log in, i cant keep my gt5, if im offline, and i keep all stats. so can i log on my old ms3 account with new psn id?

Message 3 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 17, 2011

Pola3F0x wrote:

gt5 savegame is the one i wanna keep the most, it took many hours, and it isnt linked to online user, only ps3 user, and i cant log in, i cant keep my gt5, if im offline, and i keep all stats. so can i log on my old ms3 account with new psn id?

Yikes! I'm sorry, I really didn't follow any of that.

what is ms3?

Message 4 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4744 posts

Aug 17, 2011

Yeah, I'm not sure what you meant in the latest post, but I would recommend using your 1st account still for offline games that you've started, and the new one for online.  If you're worried about playing GT5 online, maybe you can sign in to another PS3 and trade your cars over to the new account?  It's a start at least.

Message 5 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 17, 2011

me too try get in to manger account to change my account it say it under service work no luck

Message 6 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 17, 2011

knowles217 wrote:

me too try get in to manger account to change my account it say it under service work no luck

You can try the account manager on PS3, or qriocity.com.

Message 7 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 17, 2011

I meant ps3, not ms3

Message 8 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 17, 2011

Pola3F0x wrote:

Okay, so... that last question: can you log into your old PS3 account with new PSN ID, the answer is pretty much no.

Since you already have a PSN ID on your old PS3 Account, you cannot simply attach a new one to it.

If you want to keep any of your progress, you'll need to keep using the old PS3 User/old PSN ID.

If you want a new PSN ID, you need to start a new PS3 User, and put your new PSN ID onto it, and start new with gamesaves/online progress.

Message 9 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Damn it, then i have to start all over, again... i thought i was over that time....

Message 10 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes