Nov 23 2008
By: Bloodriotzero First Son 4 posts

Can I transfer games bought from PSN Store to a new PS3???

5 replies 2219 views Edited Nov 23, 2008
Hey guys, new to the board here and I have a question. I just bought my 40GB PS3 this past Summer and I love it. Even been buying some games through the PSN Store (1942, MK2, MM9, SPF2THDR). Recently though I see that the MGS4 gun-metal black PS3 is available through Amazon again (which is the one I originally wanted but was unavailable). So what I plan to do is purchase that PS3 and sell my current system to my friend. My question is would I be able to transfer the games that I bought through the PSN Store to my new PS3, and if so HOW? Also, how woud I transfer my other content that I downloaded (movies, music, settings, etc.)? Any help wold be appreciated, thanks!!
Message 1 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Re: Can I transfer games bought from PSN Store to a new PS3???

Nov 23, 2008
I think you can just re download them and have them on both systems. On the new system just sign in to the PSN with the same log on you used on the other. Anyone else know? I think that is how it works.
60 Gig upgraded to 250 Gig
Message 2 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4782 posts

Nov 23, 2008
For the media just backup your filed on a seperate drive, like memory stick or USB external HDD.   As for the PSN games what you might want to do is create an existin account on the new PS3, and redownload all the stuff again. Just go into the ps store on the new ps3 with the account that you used to buy all the psn and go to the top and go to download list and in there all the stuff you downloaded will be there and you can redownload them again and they will be playable. I hope this helped.
Message 3 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 23, 2008
just download it, if you bought it, you shouldn't have to buy it again
Message 4 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Nov 23, 2008

Well you can get a External HDD(EHDD) if you don't already have one.

Simply partition a 32GB space of your EHDD,then format the 32GB(partition) of the external HDD to fat32 and then plug

the EHDD into your PS3.The PS3 will recognize the 32GB of space when doing a backup(utility),

then performe a system backup to the EHDD.Then get your new GM MGS4 bundle and do a system restore.

Restore the backup you just did to your EHDD and thats it.Your,GM MGS4 will be the exact same PS3 as you orginal 40Gb.

Plus ,now you will have a backup of your original game save if ever you upgrade your HDD or your PS3 crashes. One more thing if you need more than 32GB to perform a back up simply create another 32gb partition and format that to fat32 also.then you should have enough space.

Message Edited by HawaiiD on 11-23-2008 08:58 AM

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10108 posts

Nov 23, 2008

BTW welcome to the forums!

If you want to play MK2 online, feel free to add me. My PSN is deadend123.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[You're not worthy as my opponent! #Vergil]
Message 6 of 6 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes