Oct 21 2009
By: Talyis First Son 3 posts

Borderlands Lan problems

4 replies 3089 views Edited Oct 21, 2009

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section of the forums but I'm tried of looking round for this! Anyways me and my buddy are trying to connect Lan on our PS3's to play Borderlands how do we do this without the internet? We have internet that reaches our laptops but not the PS3's So is there a way do have a Lan game and if so What do we need? Can we do it Wirelessly or do we need a wire or even a Router? And if we need a router will it work without a modem or online? Please help and if possible give me a step by step on how to set this up!

THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 5 (3,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: Borderlands Lan problems

Oct 28, 2009

Did you figure it out yet?

Anyway if you want two ps3s to be connected via LAN it is possible, you must either use a crossover cable and connect both together or use a device in the middle of the two such as a switch, wireless router or even a laptop.

To use a laptop/PC it would require you to create an Ad-HOC wireless access point, then allow both the ps3s to connect to the access point. IF you are using a wireless router, you should be able to connect to it without the use of the internet, just make sure that DHCP is enabled otherwise you will need to manually set a static IP address.

If you are going to connect the PS3s together with a crossover cable, you will need to set static IP addresses through the network setting of the PS3. If you have no idea what that is....please reply lol.

Message 2 of 5 (3,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 12, 2009
im also interested in doing this, but my buddy doesnt have any internet hook ups in his area of west virginia, an we do a lan game using an ethernet cable?
Message 3 of 5 (3,089 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 12, 2009

You hook up a ethernet cable to one ps3 to another and there your done.

PS3 <-ETHERNET CABLE-> PS3

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - PoWxWoW
Message 4 of 5 (3,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 7, 2009

thanks for the reply, im glad to hear this.

i have one more question mainly about lan parties..... 3 tv's 3 PS3's is it possible to do this with 3 PS3's? i dont know how it would work through an ethernet cable using 3 though.

Message 5 of 5 (3,089 Views)
0 Likes