Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 21 2011
By: neddyuk First Son 5 posts

Bluetooth Blu Ray Remote

3 replies 80 views Edited Feb 21, 2011

Hi Guys,

I have just updated my PS3 40gb to a PS3 slim 160gb.

I have found that when using the offical blu-ray/dvd remote when you first press a button the system has a delay of 3 second before the input is recognised.

After that the buttons are fine again until its left for a while and it starts the cycle again.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix for the issue?

Message 1 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: Bluetooth Blu Ray Remote

Feb 21, 2011

Mine pauses for a second or so when I first press a button after not having used it for awhile. I just always assumed that it was in sleep mode to extend battery life.

Message 2 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Feb 21, 2011

Yeah, I believe it is an issue with many Bluetooth devices.  Maybe to conserve power, the Bluetooth tech falls asleep, and when you start using it again, it wakes up, but has to reconnect with the hub, cause the delay.

I see it often with keybaords and mice, and even headsets.

For retail services, I have used printers and tablets that connect with Bluetooth.  If our sales force is carrying a printer on their belt and using the tablet to ring up credit card sales, on a busy day the printer works flawlessly.  But on slow days, the printer falls asleep, the receipts are sent to the printer and are lost in that time it takes for the printer to wake up and reconnect.  The receipts then have to be reprinted,  and since the printer is already awake and connected, the receipts print just fine.

Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Ok Cheers guys i take it, its just something we are going to have to live with

Message 4 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes