Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 22 2011
By: AG-WarFighter Hekseville Citizen 324 posts

A Question about 3D tvs and SplitScreen

4 replies 716 views Edited Jul 22, 2011

Do all the 3D TVs do the splitscreen technology where when the game is running on splitscreen you see only your screen as full screen when its 3D.or is it only the new 24" ps3 TVs that do that?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (716 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: A Question about 3D tvs and SplitScreen

Jul 22, 2011

From what I understand all 3DTV's with active shutter glasses are capable of this feature, it is just a matter of if the TVs would be updated to support this.

Through a simple trick, passive 3D Vizio TVs are already capable of this feature.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jul 22, 2011

I'm pretty sure all 3DTV's with active shutter have this mode. Mine does. Sony XBR52HX909. But as far as 3d goes, I hate it. What a waste of money it was buying the glasses and transmitter. I hate the flicker i see and the picture is darker. Picture doesn't really "pop up" just has more "depth"

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (716 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 22, 2011

Blubber_Eater wrote:

I'm pretty sure all 3DTV's with active shutter have this mode. Mine does. Sony XBR52HX909. But as far as 3d goes, I hate it. What a waste of money it was buying the glasses and transmitter. I hate the flicker i see and the picture is darker. Picture doesn't really "pop up" just has more "depth"

I'm not sure why, but most 3D stuff doesn't "pop out", but it certainly is capable of it. If you check out LG's 3D demo, they show a sequence from IMAX under the see where a fish seems to pop out several feet out of the TV screen, it is amazing.

I'm also glad for this year's TVs Sony has built in the 3D transmitter into the TV. I really didn't like that they had it separately...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 23, 2011

because producers and editors understand that they would wear out the 3d fad faster than it is already going to with crap popping out at you all the time.  Just make it simple and deep and look realistic compared to something flying at you all the time... 3D is a fad anyways and will die soon enough, and I cant wait til it does because i will be standing in front of everyone who thought it was amazing and laugh in your faces!!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)
0 Likes