Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: the last system update

Feb 19, 2012

the last system update caused unrest in __________ (insert country there)

Message 10 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

South Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Message 11 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
37650 posts

Feb 19, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

the last system update caused unrest in __________ (insert country there)

Message 12 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

yeah and its still the same. i dont know what update 4.10 did but it completly messed me up on playing black ops. even if i bought a new disc it would be the same. its stupid cuz everything worked fine prior to. i wanna know why sony wont take blame for something they did. i want it fixed its like the only game i play consistantly and now i gotta let my ps3 cool for an hour or 2 just so i can play 2 games then it freezes. then repeat the process. i wanna know what it did to mess my ops over cuz i never had 1 problem up until that update got installed

Message 13 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

well everything worked fine up until the update was installed. i started the downloading and went out for a bit came back and it was done then it reloaded my ps3 and installed it again then after that was done i tryed getting on black ops and it didnt load at first so i had to shut it off and turn it back on. then when it was showing the opening treyarch n activision stuff it would like freeze every 2-3 seconds and the graphics would fuck up and go back to normal idk i dont use my ps3 for anything else but gaming so i dont know how a virus or something that would be causing it would get installed unless the update brought something with it which then wouldnt it be sonys fault?? cuz its only black ops it does it with that ive noticed, borderlands works fine and so does red dead and the other games ive dl'd off the ps store

-------

so why didnt any of u forum mods tell me about the holding the power button for that system menu to pop up, i thought u guys get payed for knowing this and to tell someone about it in case it might help?? u guys tell me to delete my game data when u coulda told me about it and walk me through it a friend of a friend told me about it but i dont know what to do he said something about restoring files its option 3 in the menu that pops up after holding the power button for so long. if i pick option 3 to restore files will i lose any of my online profile stuff for any games or anything?? i dont wanna do it if its gonna mess up by doing so

--------

ok i went on my other profile CaptainClearEyes and when i load up black ops on there it still gets a few skips here n there but graphics never mess up and it tells me a read error but why is it telling me this now when before the update it didnt do any of these things. i cant even get on black ops with Puberto anymore either. is there someway to fix this without having to delete game information, and if not if i uninstall game data information will it delete my gamer profile as in would i have to start all over if i delete game data to reinstall it? like all my prestiges, weapon stats kill stats and so on?

Message 15 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

so delete the game data not the saved data?

-----

wel i deleted the game data and reinstalled it seemed like it worked but it still freezes like every 4 games and i have to turn it off and turn it back on then when i goto click the ops disc to play it then all the treyarch n activision opening message stuff freezes every few seconds and the graphics mess up just like before. why cant sony ever do a system update without fhucking over 1or more of there customers?? everything worked fine till after i installed the system update. and i dont wanna go buy a new disc if it aint gonna fix my problem so sony or activision or someone needs to put out a patch to fix this

Message 16 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

who do i talk to about fixing my black ops then?? cuz the 4.10 system update messed me over. and when i do the restore files in the recovery menu it tells me i have a corrupt hard deck or something but its gonna get fixed then after i do the file restore  same happens as before so i goto the recovery menu again and do the file restore again tells me i still have a corrupted hard deck or something and will be fixed i did the recovery menu 5 times repeatedly 1 after another without even trying to load ops and everytime i do it it never gets fixed. so does this mean ima have to restore my ps3?? cuz if i do thats bullchit that everything worked fine till sony put out a "required" update 4.10

Message 17 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 19, 2012

this is the only update thats messed me over n 4.11 didnt do nothing at all for all i know 4.11 made is worse but idk cuz its been messed up since 4.10 and yeah its like 1 maybe 2 games at most then ops goes messed up and doesnt wanna work so i gota turn off my ps3 let it sit for about an hour just so i can play another 1 or 2 games n repeat the process.

and what makes me more angry is i do the file restore and it tells me its gonna get fixed and never does. if i unplug my ps3 and plug it back in and turn it on it does its own file restore and says if my data is corrupted its gonna take 2 to 3 hours for it to get fixed but takes like 1-2 minutes and nothing changes. and the same when i do the file restore through the menu u get when u hold the power button for so long and when i do the file restore there it says my hard disk is corrupted and will be fixed but still takes the same amount of time as if i were to unplug it.

i think the reason it aint getting fixed is cuz the 4.10 update messed something up and it wont get fixed cuz it was the update and its permanently on your ps3 until u buy a new ps3 and have to install the updates again. so really im ruined on black ops even if i were to buy a new ps3 cuz its part of the  update that sony wont do a thing about because there firm belief is *the updates dont do that it was something already on your ps3". if thats the case THEN WHY  DID EVERYTHING WORK FINE TILL AFTER THE UPDATE WAS INSTALLED!!!

Message 18 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Hey y'all,

Watch the language in here. This is not an age locked forum. This means that children can read the posts.

If you're having technical issues after the update that you can't correct by normal means I'd suggest contacting customer services. They may have a way to help you diagnose the exact cause.

Updates add files to the system so perhaps something has been misplaced, corrupted, or deleted. Or it could be an issue with the hardware that was only obvious after files were allocated to a certain space on your HD. It could be any number of things so try to speak to customer services to get a better assessment of why this has happened.

You can contact them through any of the listed means:

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Message 19 of 19 (10 Views)
0 Likes