Splicer
79 posts

Re: slow as tortoise!!!!!!!!

Jul 30, 2008
I think our complaints are totally valid!!  Last night I couldn't play because burnout needed a 358mb update, tonight this!  As I am typing this my PS3 shut down, why?  I assumed, oh!  It finished the update already!  ... No!!  The server lost connection!!!  It won't reestablish and can't complete the update!  **bleep** Sony!!  Updates to fix stuff is great, but update after update taking a whole night each ...  Just let me play already!  Forcing us to update before accessing online play ...
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2570 posts

Jul 30, 2008
Why are you all blaming it on Sony?! Seriously? Its your guy's damn connection. So stop being babys and maybe try to improve your connection? God its not hard. Stop **bleep**ing to Sony about it though.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jul 30, 2008
no offense but...are you actually a PSN subscriber? you don't have your tag tied and you have only 5 posts
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7023 posts

Jul 30, 2008

HyperionFall wrote:
I think our complaints are totally valid!!  Last night I couldn't play because burnout needed a 358mb update, tonight this!  As I am typing this my PS3 shut down, why?  I assumed, oh!  It finished the update already!  ... No!!  The server lost connection!!!  It won't reestablish and can't complete the update!  **bleep** Sony!!  Updates to fix stuff is great, but update after update taking a whole night each ...  Just let me play already!  Forcing us to update before accessing online play ...

First  of all the 358 Meg update For burnout is not Sonys fault. The devs issued it not  Sony. 358 meg isnt that huge unlerss you got a fairly slow connection. Anmd far as the update. Youve been told the update servers are bogged down. Why not try the update tomorrow instead of being all upset tonight?

Message Edited by Black Panther on 07-30-2008 02:34 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7023 posts

Jul 30, 2008

Jin-Kazama wrote:
no offense but...are you actually a PSN subscriber? you don't have your tag tied and you have only 5 posts

I think he got basic dsl wich is only 756 k a sec. Still on the slow end for high speed.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 30, 2008

Something has been wrong with my connection since the 2.41 update, and because of this, I can't even download the 2.42 update.  I got as high as 33% and then "Network Error" .  This has been happening when I get in chat rooms and when I try to log in to WarHawk, and all this since the last update.  

Just because this is free, doesn't mean people lose the right to complain.  If you don't like complainers, go to China, or any other communist country, because no matter how great everything may be, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain, live with it, and if you can't, then just go away (I don't condone suicide) 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Jul 30, 2008
It is NOT my network connection!  I can access online with my laptop and PS3, every time I try the update it gives me an error that the servers cannot be accessed.  It is the sony servers!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jul 30, 2008

Black Panther wrote:

Jin-Kazama wrote:

I think he got basic dsl wich is only 756 k a sec. Still on the slow end for high speed.

yeah...you need to be in the Mbs range to have good service. when i was visiting my parents they had only 1.5Mbs and i could not do anything. it took 10 min to download one theme.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jul 30, 2008

HyperionFall wrote:
It is NOT my network connection!  I can access online with my laptop and PS3, every time I try the update it gives me an error that the servers cannot be accessed.  It is the sony servers!

then why is EVERYONE not having the same problem??

using a router? firewall? those can both kick the system off randomly

Message Edited by Jin-Kazama on 07-29-2008 11:39 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
662 posts

Jul 30, 2008

OneSeven69 wrote:

Something has been wrong with my connection since the 2.41 update, and because of this, I can't even download the 2.42 update.  I got as high as 33% and then "Network Error" .  This has been happening when I get in chat rooms and when I try to log in to WarHawk, and all this since the last update.  

Just because this is free, doesn't mean people lose the right to complain.  If you don't like complainers, go to China, or any other communist country, because no matter how great everything may be, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain, live with it, and if you can't, then just go away (I don't condone suicide) 

Agrreed...sometimes complains makes us to perform better..especially in a organization...not that we complain, that we hate it....
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes