Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Re: ps3 speed test (slow)

Apr 13, 2013

Still going strong. I gave my ps3 it's own ip address. I put it's ip address into the DMZ server along with a couple other tweaks and have not had any problems what so ever since then. If anyone would like any more details on how I have my router/ps3 set up let me know on here.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (855 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Please stop blaming service providers, browsers, etc. I have a 30Mbps connection and tests on my computer connected to a wireless router still show a consistent 17 to 20 ping rate for almost any city and a speed that never drops below 20Mbps. My tablet will also test out in this range. Even my phone will test out just a fraction slower. All these devices are connected wireless. My PS3 is directly connected with a Cat 6 network cable and will rarely show over 2 to 3 Mbps. I use my PS3 a lot for streaming movies from Amazon, Netflix, etc. and constantly have trouble with playback in HD. This IS obviously a PS3 problem and I've found no solution. Good luck finding someone in support who even really understands ping speeds, dropped packets, etc. They will try to blame your router, ISP, Internet traffic, etc. This is simply not true. If you Google/Bing/whatever different ways of wording this problem, you will find almost every PS3 user has this problem. BTW, my ISP speeds are not burst speeds that are then throttled down (another of Playstation's excuses,) it is a very steady 20 to 30 Mbps stream.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

May 5, 2013
I have the same problem I have a 24mbps down and a 3mbps up. I have att uverse and I my iPhone and computer speed test goes about 20-22mbps and when I do it on my ps3 it says only like 2-5 Mbps. That's tooo slow. I tried wire and wireless same speed and also I used the gateway that AT&T provide the 3600hv or something like that and also the netgear900 and the speed is the same. I do remember like 1-2 years ago I had a 12mbps and I use to get like 8-10 Mbps on the ps3 that was ok but now that I have a faster connection of 24mbps I get like 2-5mbps on my ps3. That not good
I'M # 1 IN FIFA
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

May 5, 2013
Also for those of you that have a 54mbps or higher. I don't think the ps3 can get any faster speed then 54 because it is a 800.211 bg and g on goes to 54mbps max but I think only for wireless. For wire I think it's 100mbps Maxx. I might be wrong
I'M # 1 IN FIFA
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (756 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 21, 2013

I have the same problem. 24 mb/s on my laptop and 1.8 to 2 mb/s on the ps3 - back and forth plugging and unplugging and the speeds are all consistent. So, it's the ps3 that's the problem. And, I'm trying to watch HD programming on amazon prime and all programming shows in regular format, none in HD. So, the speed problem is existing there and is affecting my ability to use the features of the PS3. Any help for those of us suffering this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 21, 2013

Frost, Can you give detailed steps please? I just upgraded to Comcast 25mbps and have a Linksys E2500 dual band 300mbps router. I get solid speeds on my iPhone but my PS3 connection is around 2-4mbps. But it fluctuates during HD Amazon movie streaming and in gaming there's a lot of stutter now.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 26, 2013

I've had the same problem for years. I have an original launch PS3 and cannot get over 1 or so Mbps. Which  makes it unplayable on multiplayer. Very long downloads for demos, Home and everything else. Which is why the PS3 is pretty much a doorstop for me now. I switched to a 360 for my family's main gaming device about two years ago.

My 360 gets very fast download speeds and multiplayer.
I have many other devices over wifi as well (ipads, ipods, laptop, desktop pc, Galaxy S3, etc).

I've gone through three routers since I first got the PS3 - various manufacturers. Every time, I hope that the new router somehow fixes the issue. No dice.

The problem here is the PS3. That said, I'm very wary of the upcoming PS4 as they may put a garbage wireless card in there like they did in my PS3. So I'm leaning Xbox One this fall for now.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

It's possible to share your tips FrostC1Elite? I got a serious slow speed in PS3. To have an idea left by downloading Saints Row (8GB) and after about 7 hours were done downloading only 17%.

My download is 12MB and the model of my router is a  Linksys E2500 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 firmwire. I put PS3 Mac priority in QoS, is basically the only thing I did, the rest is in default.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (586 Views)
0 Likes