Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2013
By: andre_98_ep First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

ps3 slim troubleshoot

4 replies 159 views Edited Sep 10, 2013
I have a 250gb american ps3 slim connect to a transfromer an running on 110v because I live in germany.
I got it about 3 years ago and it's been running flawless until the kast two months.
I haven't really used it much for about the last year, but now whenever I play a game for an hour or so it keeps getting real sloppy and slow and it takes forever to load stuff. the games get stuck a certain point every time I play. Then nothing hapoens it just freezies and I have to force shut down. Could it be that dust came inside or does have something to do with the volt transformer ?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5476 posts

Re: ps3 slim troubleshoot

Sep 10, 2013

Does it exhibit the same behaviour if you're playing a downloaded game?   Or just disc-based games?   If disc-based only, then it could be your laser is dying.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16351 posts

Sep 10, 2013

andre_98_ep wrote:
I have a 250gb american ps3 slim connect to a transfromer an running on 110v because I live in germany.
I got it about 3 years ago and it's been running flawless until the kast two months.
I haven't really used it much for about the last year, but now whenever I play a game for an hour or so it keeps getting real sloppy and slow and it takes forever to load stuff. the games get stuck a certain point every time I play. Then nothing hapoens it just freezies and I have to force shut down. Could it be that dust came inside or does have something to do with the volt transformer ?

You shouldn't be using a transformer. The system is dual voltage. A transformer can indeed cause problems but I don't think that's the issue. Try Safe Mode option 3. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video. And get rid of the transformer. All you need is the adapter so you can plug directly into the outlet.

adapter

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (139 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 12, 2013
It only happens on discs.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Are youu sure it's dualvolt ? Because it only says 120v on the bottom.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)
0 Likes