Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2013
By: andre_98_ep First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

ps3 slim troubleshoot

4 replies 161 views Edited Sep 10, 2013
I have a 250gb american ps3 slim connect to a transfromer an running on 110v because I live in germany.
I got it about 3 years ago and it's been running flawless until the kast two months.
I haven't really used it much for about the last year, but now whenever I play a game for an hour or so it keeps getting real sloppy and slow and it takes forever to load stuff. the games get stuck a certain point every time I play. Then nothing hapoens it just freezies and I have to force shut down. Could it be that dust came inside or does have something to do with the volt transformer ?
Message 1 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6134 posts

Re: ps3 slim troubleshoot

Sep 10, 2013

Does it exhibit the same behaviour if you're playing a downloaded game?   Or just disc-based games?   If disc-based only, then it could be your laser is dying.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17362 posts

Sep 10, 2013

andre_98_ep wrote:
I have a 250gb american ps3 slim connect to a transfromer an running on 110v because I live in germany.
I got it about 3 years ago and it's been running flawless until the kast two months.
I haven't really used it much for about the last year, but now whenever I play a game for an hour or so it keeps getting real sloppy and slow and it takes forever to load stuff. the games get stuck a certain point every time I play. Then nothing hapoens it just freezies and I have to force shut down. Could it be that dust came inside or does have something to do with the volt transformer ?

You shouldn't be using a transformer. The system is dual voltage. A transformer can indeed cause problems but I don't think that's the issue. Try Safe Mode option 3. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video. And get rid of the transformer. All you need is the adapter so you can plug directly into the outlet.

adapter

Message 3 of 5 (141 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 12, 2013
It only happens on discs.

Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Are youu sure it's dualvolt ? Because it only says 120v on the bottom.
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes