Fender Bender
3314 posts

Re: ps3 red screen

Aug 9, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

This is good advice normally but the "Red Screen of Death" is an entirely different animal that only Sony can deal with from what I've heard. There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

Photobucket

It's actually an error message generated by the OS. It's sort of like the YLOD, but that error is generated by the bios.

The RSoD is usually caused by one of three things.

1.) Bad firmware! You will need to reinstall it.

2.) Bad hard drive! The HDD went completely dead or the portion that the OS uses went bad.

3.) A part of the CPU or RAM isn't working properly. For example, one of the 8 cores in the Cell processor might have died.

Edit: Cleaned up the post.

Message 11 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I looked this up on the internet but didn't find anythin very helpful (No more than wat has already been said here anyway.)

Message 12 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Hey guys wats shakin, Im prolly in th topic for this but Im having some frezzing problems in 2 games. Batman Arkham City and Dragon Age 2. Alot of ppl has been talking about this so far but no answer or solution. Wats goin on?? With Batman it jus frezzes at random moments and Dragon Age frezzes inbetween loading screens. This realli sucks!!

Message 13 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 7, 2012

do u play blood hustle ?

Message 14 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
629 posts

Feb 7, 2012

gilljatt0 wrote:

Not sure whats going on with my ps3 it was working fine until i turn it on again a red screen pops up with text written in all kind of language in english it says "A serious error has occurred. Contact technical support for assistance". Pls help me, Thanks

I think calling Tech support may be able to help you.

Message 15 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
443 posts

Feb 8, 2012

My daughter came running over saying something was wrong with the PS3, and I see this red screen scrolling all this text in different languages (Thanks Sony for putting English at about number 10).   Tried re-seeding the HDD, didn't help.  I'll try the fix at the top tomorrow, God I hope that works. 

That PS3 had my Dead Space 2 on it, I don't wanna have to start over!  Poor Isaak.

Message 16 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 12, 2012

Oh I'm sorry for you because of this I had this problem with ps3 80 gig but I didn't had any warranty and I sold it about 100$ and now I have 160 slim.

I cant understand this .

Hey SONY you should give my money......

Message 17 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 20, 2012

other forum, someone said it might have something to do with bad blocks on PS3... if you have laptop that fits the hard drive, you might have to reformat or just buy new one.

or do this : http://www.ps3error.org/ps3-red-screen

The PS3 Red Screen, also usually called the “red screen of death”, can be dangerous if not fixed right a way. It might cause your Ps3 to literally die on you one of these days, especially if you’re just settling for switching it on and off till it works!

Don’t get me wrong, usually, resetting your Ps3 fixes the problem completely, but when you have to keep on doing it again and again and again, then it just goes to show that resetting it isn’t the right solution.

No, no, no. Don’t go and send your Ps3 to Sony just yet! Seriously, are you really set on spending at least $150? With the steps below, you’ll be able to fix the notorious Ps3 red screen problem right at home, without having to spend a cent!

In most cases, the problem is an outdated firmware. To fix this problem, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Download the latest firmware.

• Go online and go to PlayStation’s website.
  • Download the newest version of its firmware.
  • Make sure that you have a USB memory stick so that you can transfer the firmware from your computer to your PlayStation.
  • Create a folder called PlayStation3.
  • In the folder PlayStation3, make another folder called UPDATES.
  • Save the downloaded firmware in the UPDATES folder.

Step 2: Transfer the new firmware to your PlayStation 3.

• Plug in the USB memory stick.
  • Hold the power button for a few seconds, or until you hear a beeping sound.
  • Check your screen – you should be able to see the MENU.
  • Install the firmware.
  • Wait for it to finish updating.
  • Once the update has been completed, reboot your Ps3.
Message 18 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 29, 2012

You must have cut your PS3 off or maybe it cut off in the middle of loading something to cause this problem. I suggest checking with customer support first and if they cannot help you, then use a PS3 fix guide to fix it yourself.

Message 19 of 36 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 4, 2012

hi i have read your answers but when i turn the system on i can't access the ps3 menu or do anything. i have unplugged it and plugged it back in, took out the hard drive and put it back in. o buttons work either. what can i do?

Message 20 of 36 (3,095 Views)
0 Likes