Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
14 posts

Re: ps3 keeps shutting off

Nov 15, 2012
The graphics on black ops are to complex for our old out of date systems and it cause the ps3 to overheat and shut down
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Im having the same issue and I have the1st model. Are you saying that I cannot play Black Op 2 unless I upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I'm having the same issue also , it just happens 10 mins ago while playing black ops 2 mp , it just shut off with the 3 beeps and blinking red light

1st gen fat 80gb backwards compatible ps3 , no mods
1.03 updated
latest update for the ps3

help !
it's not because of heat , maybe it is , but I have a window open for the back side and a fan for the heat to come out , and it's warm , the fans are quiet

help ! pm on psn racingfanatic24
DC is my brand, monster is my drink , weed is stress reliver, dubstep is my music. dont like it , idgaf live your life
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 23, 2012

i have a bran new super slim ps3 and it likes to shut off by itself with all the games i play even while watching netflix tryed everything still likes to shut off

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 23, 2012

anybody figure this problem out with the ps3 turning off by itself?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I feel like my problem is related to this.   Although I haven't experienced it just shutting off in session.  My problem is turning the unit on.  It usually takes me a few times to get it powered up.   I hit the power button and it blinks red light and shuts off. It does it a couple of times.  I usually hit the switch on the back of the unit then try again and it powers up.   It may do this while playing a game.  I just haven't played any games in a while.  Black Ops is on the way though.  I hope there is a fix to thisj.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

my new ps3 bought thanksgiving is randomly shutting off when Gran Turismo 5 b spec is running. It's happened twice, but I haven't been in the room either time. Guess those 24 hour races are never going to get done. It's not even two months old. It was a Xmas present from my brother since my first fat PS3 is dead and gone.

Sony is having such a hard time competing because they can no longer put out a quality product. I have a fat PS2 from 2001, have never had more than a small mechanical problem with it. (the tray mechanism needed greased after 7 years). Since then, all their consoles have been buggy. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I am having the same issue. WHoever knows how to fix this plz help me with this link http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Need-Serious-help-with-PS3-NOW-Plz-help...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

160GB-PS3 Metal Gear Solid Edition(1st Generation Unit):

I've been playing with no issues until tonight! I have been playing the same two games, switching back & forth between them. The 2 games are the Playstation Sports blu-ray game which was included in a Playstation Move Bundle I bought a year ago.  The other game I play is The Need for Speed-Most Wanted game which is a game I purchased online, which could only be saved to my HD.

BOTH GAMES have been played almost non-stop & NEVER HAVING AN ISSUE UNTIL TONIGHT!

After a two week layoff from gaming, I powered up my PS3 as usual & played PS3 Move Sports for about 30 minutes no problemo!  I shut down the unit before going to store & when I got home an hour later I turned the PS3 and almost immediately, the unit gave me 3 fast audible beeps before shutting down, then shows a red flashing indicator?!?!  Support manual says the unit is overheated but I KNOW OVERHEATING is not the problem; as I just POWERED the unit "ON"!

I have auto updates set to "On" (Playstation Plus Feature)-DOES ANYONE have Playstation Plus w/Auto Updates set "ON"?  If so, has there been any recent updates to the system software/firmware etc.....?????

Thanks in advance for your help, I NEED IT!

THIS F'n BLOWS!!!!!

Tony B.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2013
the old ps3 are as compatable as the new ones blacks ops 2 was made with the new slim ones
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (519 Views)
0 Likes