Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: GottFragg First Son 4 posts

ps3 isnt working

5 replies 150 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

I currently moved my ps3 into another room. i cleaned it off by spraying a vinegar based solution on a rag n wiped off the top and the front. I put the fan in front of a running fan to hopefully get whatever dust was in there out. the ps3 turns on but whether i try using the HDMI cord or the AVs nothing will display on the tv. any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: ps3 isnt working

Dec 23, 2012

Ive also tried on two different TVs

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Yeah,
What you need to do is press and hold the power button till you hear a second beep. Once you hear a second beep let it go and it should rectify the problem.
You will get this issue if you come off a HDMI lead and onto a Scart lead.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 24, 2012

@GottFragg,

Hi there, I'm not sure who recommend that 'cleaning' solution to you but I would'nt chance using any 'water-based' formula. What a person can use is a 'lint-free' cloth to wipe the console down. As for the 'fan method,' that again, is not recommended as the air from the fan, circumvents in the dust 'in circles' rather than disposal.

The most efficient way to clean the console/ any electronic device, is to use 'compressed air' (reading the instructions on the can first before usage), in 1/8 of a second 'burst shots' as needed. Do not spray on direct contact (give 6" or 12" space between the device and the can). He/she can spray all the ports, the vents, etc. to rid the console of the dust accumulation.

Now for your video issues...as the op has stated, you can try that but what you can also do is make sure all cables in question, are secured to their required inputs/outputs respectively. Then revise and verify your 'video setup' via the TV/monitor in conjunction with the console.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Dec 24, 2012

GottFragg wrote:

Ive also tried on two different TVs

With the TV on & the PS3 off / in standby/red-light mode, hold down the power/on/off button until you hear two beeps, a message shoudl appear on the screen, press "X" to accept the new settings.

You will have to perform this reset every time you move from one TV to another, especially when one TV is an HDMI one & the other is not.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Awesome resetting it worked. thank u!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (81 Views)
0 Likes