Dec 04 2012
By: ac_112 First Son 1 posts

ps3 acting weird

1 replies 92 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

i just got the ps3 super slim a month ago & 2 days ago it just shut off automatically. everytime i turn it on it asks the resolution, then if i click an option the screen goes blank.. i tried reformatting it, it still cuts off. idk what to do .. theres no yellow light, or blinking red light. it just cuts off and the fan goes turbo. then sometimes the light will stay green and i cant turn off the system.  do i need thermal paste?? HELP !!!

Message 1 of 2 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
35873 posts

Re: ps3 acting weird

Dec 4, 2012

ac_112 wrote:

i just got the ps3 super slim a month ago & 2 days ago it just shut off automatically. everytime i turn it on it asks the resolution, then if i click an option the screen goes blank.. i tried reformatting it, it still cuts off. idk what to do .. theres no yellow light, or blinking red light. it just cuts off and the fan goes turbo. then sometimes the light will stay green and i cant turn off the system.  do i need thermal paste?? HELP !!!

On a month old new PS3?, no you certainly do not!!

I would consider returning it for a replacement/refund, you shouldn't be having issues like this, especially not with a brand new unit.

Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)
0 Likes