Apr 19 2011
By: LiUwEr First Son 4 posts

my ps3 , no video, no audio, please help??

9 replies 14304 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

I'm new to the forum and this is my problem

Yesterday I was watching a Blu-Ray movie in the PS3, I was a bit tired and fall asleep without turning off the ps3. I woke up today the tv had no video or audio, but the PS3 was still on, remove the film, turn off the PS3, turn it on again and nothing is the problem. this is my ps3 connection (PS3 Slim, HDMI, TV / Monitor) ..

buy it on 03/06/2011 PLEASE HELP!

also sorry for my English, thanks jejej

Message 1 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Re: my ps3 , no video, no audio, please help??

Apr 19, 2011

Try resetting the video output setting.

When the system is on standby mode (red light), press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. This will reset the video output setting. 

Message 2 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

thanks for your answer bro,mmmmmmmmm.... i try but nothing, im not sure but i think its the graphics card, dammit

Message 3 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

works !!!!. In fact you are a genius bro, works with the AV cable, thank god is only the hdmi port, the cost to fix the hdmi, you know if some company like CompUSA, TigerDirect, Gamestop, etc. fix the ps3?

Message 4 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Apr 19, 2011

LiUwEr wrote:

works !!!!. In fact you are a genius bro, works with the AV cable, thank god is only the hdmi port, the cost to fix the hdmi, you know if some company like CompUSA, TigerDirect, Gamestop, etc. fix the ps3?

before assuming that it's the ps3 hardware, try a different cable and reset the video setting again...also try a different hdmi port on your tv

Message 5 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Apr 19, 2011

LiUwEr wrote:

No! There are quite a few mom & pop repair shops (PC, electronics and TV) that will repair consoles though. Try calling the ones in your local area and see if any of them can replace HDMI ports. I know a couple in my area do. 

I would go with Heisem's suggestions first though. It could be just the HDMI cable that went bad or one of the HDMI ports on your TV went bad.

Message 6 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Apr 19, 2011

LiUwEr wrote:

thanks for your answer bro,mmmmmmmmm.... i try but nothing, im not sure but i think its the graphics card, dammit

It's either that or the HDMI port (or cable).

Try using the Multi-out port (use the AV cable that came with the system) and reset the video connections (see my previous post). If it works, then it's the HDMI port that died. If it doesn't work then it's the GPU or something on the board.

Cross your fingers that it's that HDMI port, because any PC repair shop will be able to replace that for you. If it's something on the board, then you'll need to contact Sony.  

Message 7 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

ooo my god!!!!!!!!!!.... im so happy, I feel the oxygen in my lungs., thank Heisem's was like you said. tested in another TV and another hdmi, reset the settings, and chan chan "magic. " I went back to my TV, another hdmi, and chan chan "magic"again. I am very happy thank you guys. everything normal now to kill ZOMBIES !!!!!!!! jejejejCoD: BO

serious now, can explain what happened then??

Message 8 of 10 (14,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Thank you so much for helping!!! It worked wonderfully, i have a question tho, can use this method often or use it cautiously?

Message 9 of 10 (11,980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2014

Just had this issue after falling asleep to a Netflix movie. Was glad to find a fix that worked so quickly.

For anyone else who needs this fix here's some clarification. I was expecting 2 beeps while holding the power button down in standby mode. In fact, you hear one beep and continue holding untuil you hear a 2nd beep. Also, video still did not work immediately after switching my display settings back to HDMI. I ended up swapping the cables for HDMI1 (Cable box) and HDMI2 (PS3), and then it worked. They both continued working when I swapped them back to my original config.

All in all, this thread was a life saver. (Or life waster since I can now go back to unproductive video game playing! :smileyvery-happy: )

Message 10 of 10 (645 Views)
0 Likes