Mar 15 2013
By: RCslayer Monster Hunter 36 posts

live chat made a mistake

[ Edited ]
4 replies 97 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

Long store short, tried to log into the PSN, couldn't my system sort of locked up tho I could turn it off and on from the controller.

So contacted the trouble code part of the sony site, put in the code and it said the PSN was up, contacted live support he said it was down, and told me the turn off hold button, repeat and go into safe mode and hit 3. System got to around 38% and error happend saying the system needed to be formatted. So after talking with the guy, he said the only way to fix it was to format it, I lost over 3 years of data. and pictures. I know he didn't mean for it to happend but if I hadn't went to live support or what ever it's called I wouldn't have had this problem. and if the system had not worked after this I would have to pay sony to get it fixed, so they screw up and we have to pay.

I told the guy people need to be told what can happen if they try this turn off thing. and also tell them what can happen if they dont try the turn off thing. As far as backing it up I have tried and my ps3 will not back up onto my 1TB external HDD

Message 1 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: live chat made a mistake

Mar 15, 2013

Some users are currently having problems signing into PSN, could you have been affected by this?

this is an official post about the current psn problems: Click here

Shame your system got screwed up during a file system restore.

Its never fun to completely restore your system, especially when you had a lot of data on there.
 :<

Message 2 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I had an issue with my ps3 around 3 years ago . Called sony , buy the time I was done everything got deleted except my trophies. If  I have a problem now I use the forums . Whatever problems I've had someone else has already gone through them so the answers are right here .

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Yeah i usually use them also, but the site was telling me the PSN was up, unlike it's saying now. So I went to live support and the bad happend from there. I dont blame the guy, but I should have been told what could happen if I tried the turn off trick. Sony is looking for a law suit if the right person does this and it ends up screwing up the system, which it could have done
Message 4 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27060 posts

Mar 16, 2013

The loss of your save data isn't the fault of the customer support representative.  If you don't make backups, then you could have lost your data at any time if you hard disk failed; which happens.  It was only a matter of time, so it might as well be now, before you lose even more progress. The support representatives probably should check that you have made a backup before going to the safe mode menu, which always has the potential of corrupting system data.  That is why you are only supposed to use it if your PS3 already doesn't work normally anyway, and in many cases your data is already lost at that point.  For the future I suggest that you figure out why the PS3 won't back up to your external drive, and then start making backups once in a while; or get a Playstation Plus subscription, and set your save data to upload to online storage.  If you don't protect your save data, then you should not be upset with anyone but yourself if you lose it.   

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (48 Views)
0 Likes