Dec 03 2012
By: luke_brannon First Son 1 posts

how to download my black ops 2 from disc to ps3????

3 replies 1098 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

Hello, 

got a dilemma here atm. basically bought black ops 2 friday, opened it sunday to find there are two cracks on the inner ring piece rendering the game unusable I went to the shop I bought it from (GAME) and the manager was an uptight cow who said apparently they cant exchange it as it classes as damage by me, I havent damaged it at all and I've threw all my consumer rights and trading standards knowledge at her and she werent having none of it, so now basically it means i have to pay out another £43!!! just to play the game. my mate told me however i may be able to download it through the PS3 store for free using the serial number or something like that. is this possible? if so how do I do it?

I'm so frustrated at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10751 posts

Re: how to download my black ops 2 from disc to ps3????

Dec 3, 2012
Nope! Can't do that. Call them, talk to the supervisor or something like that, but you can't download a free version.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13061 posts

Dec 4, 2012

You have to resolve this issue with GAME.  The Playstation Store is just another retailer of the game.  Just because it is operated by Sony that doesn't mean that it represents the publisher any more than GAME does, especially as this is an Activision game.  It would be like going to a store in a different retail chain, and expecting them to replace the disk that you purchased at the GAME store. It's not going to happen.  It's between you and GAME.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Yes, talk to a supervisor, somebody was probably being a lazy a hole. Don't be shy about it, be persistent. Wal Mart has tried the same crap with me, but I got them to exchange my Skyrim. If they do not exchange it, never buy from them again! Good luck.

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (1,041 Views)
0 Likes