Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2008
By: yito~ First Son 2 posts

how do i connect the ps3 to my laptop

40 replies 89692 views Edited Jan 21, 2008
how do i connect my ps3 to my LAPTOP WIRELESS i have read about it form the updates but i  dont know how to do it.and add me to call of duty almonlly.im crazy good
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (89,692 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: how do i connect the ps3 to my laptop

Jan 21, 2008
not sure what your asking,,the ps3 cant connect to a pc,,if you mean how to go online wirelessly you need a wireless router
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8996 posts

Jan 21, 2008
For the ps3 to use the laptop wireless the ps3 needs to be connected to the laptop with the ethernet cable...THen on the laptop run network setup alllowing the ps3 to use the laptop internet connection..... Run setup on the ps3 for a wired connection even though the laptop has a wireless card in it....

The WIFI in the ps3 will connect wirelessly to the internet with a wireless router or adaptor that sends a signal to teh ps3 that hooks up to an already connected PC or laptop but save your money and just connect the ps3 to the laptop with the ethernet.

Goto settings

Goto network settings

Goto network connection, select enable

Goto Internet connection settings just below internet connection-

Push yes when it says you may be disconnected

Select wired or wireless

For wireless use scan or enter manually
††"And rivers will flow of blood and unbelievers tears..."†† Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2426 posts

Jan 21, 2008

GamerM wrote:
For the ps3 to use the laptop wireless the ps3 needs to be connected to the laptop with the ethernet cable...THen on the laptop run network setup alllowing the ps3 to use the laptop internet connection..... Run setup on the ps3 for a wired connection even though the laptop has a wireless card in it....

The WIFI in the ps3 will connect wirelessly to the internet with a wireless router or adaptor that sends a signal to teh ps3 that hooks up to an already connected PC or laptop but save your money and just connect the ps3 to the laptop with the ethernet.

Goto settings

Goto network settings

Goto network connection, select enable

Goto Internet connection settings just below internet connection-

Push yes when it says you may be disconnected

Select wired or wireless

For wireless use scan or enter manually

This is interesting. I'm figuring this is how you set up your laptop so your PS3 can access your media files on the PC wirelessly? Is that correct? I may have to try this but I have heard the network sharing feature on the PS3 can interefere with your COD4 connections.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (89,692 Views)
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Jan 21, 2008
if you are using a wireless router turn on your laptop.  then your PS3 will ask you to register your laptop. 
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2426 posts

Jan 21, 2008
My PS3 is wired to my wireless router with an Ethernet cable. How do I know if my PS3 recognizes my laptop? I've never seen it prompt me for this question.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8996 posts

Jan 21, 2008
Can't see any problem with what you have done, since this is exactly how it worked for me. Make sure the router is on, then scan for a network on your PS3. If it does, make sure it is your network, and enter your code. Make sure you put the code in the correct casing! My problem for my laptop was I was entering the key in lower case but the code was upper case. If this still doesn't work check the signal strength, or how far away your PS3 is to the router. If the strength is only 10% then it obviously won't work very well. Hope this helps and good luck
††"And rivers will flow of blood and unbelievers tears..."†† Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 21, 2008
  I just got the PS3 yesterday and when I set the wireless up my network recognized the PS3 automatically.  I didnt do anything but click to allow access.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 15, 2009

oh thank then!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 16, 2009

I am assuming you just want to access media files, like MP3z, movies, etc.

The easiest way to connect your PS3 wireless to your Laptop, so you can access, copy files to your PS3 is through Windows Media Player 11 or using TVersity.

There is already a post that covers these 2 methods:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3media&message.id=44882#M44882

=========================================================
PS3 80 GB/Upgrade to 320GB/Yellow Dog Linux
mw2
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (89,692 Views)
0 Likes