Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2013
By: solitaire-07 First Son 1 posts

games are too costly to buy on PS3 versus XBox

3 replies 81 views Edited Mar 4, 2013

A while ago I ask customer service why the games I wanted to buy were only being made available as a digital download. I explained that my memory was already close to capacity because of this issue. The reply was directions to replace the memory. So to be fair I would love someone to explain how it is a sound economical choice to fork over $200+ to replace the memory, before shelling out an additional $40+ a game as opposed to purchasing the same games on disc for X-Box. I have both systems. I have a larger library of games on my PS3, but I'm facing a reduction in work hours which translates to a reduction in income, and that leads to a shortage of entertainment funds. The games I want are available on disc in Japan and Europe for PS3 so that indicates a SCEA decision not to allow the game to be released on disc. So, barring sarcasm, please give me a good economical reason to purchase Ken's Rage 2 and One Piece on the PS3 over X-Box. I was going to not purchase One Piece, but I really enjoyed the first Fist game and was looking forward to the second but not at a $250 price tag.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16687 posts

Re: games are too costly to buy on PS3 versus XBox

Mar 4, 2013

There is a simple solution to this........buy the games on Xbox. :smileywink: You're welcome.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 6, 2013
PS3 is region free. But if a game is japan-exclusive, chances are there will be a korean version. Korean versions most of the time have english translations. Not sure if that will fit your budget, but its a suggestion
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13960 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Ken's Rage 2 was released on Blu-ray disk in the UK.  You could buy the UK version on Amazon.  It wasn't released on disk on the PS3 in North America, probably because hardly anyone bought Ken's Rage on disk in North America. The game didn't make the NPD top 20 even during the month it was released.  Or, if you have an XBox 360, then just buy the XBox 360 version.  There is nothing wrong with that.

One Piece Pirate Warriors was released on disk in Asia in an English version, but few retailers would have stocked it here.   That isn't Sony's fault.  It isn't even Tecmo KOEI's fault. You can get it on Amazon also.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (32 Views)
0 Likes