Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: do you really believe this is a 3.0 update?

Sep 3, 2009

Seriously you've made 3 topics within the last 10 minutes all about the same stupid crap. I hope your PS3 YLOD's itself, I really do. 

Edit: But I must say, your opinion here whilst as always conveyed poorly isn't one I can disagree with. The firmware shouldn't have been released as a 3.0 version for obvious reasons.  

Message Edited by ChronoJoe on 09-03-2009 02:04 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Sep 3, 2009

remixingit wrote:

Do you guys honestly think this is a big 3.0 i mean theres not much to it. Usually when you get a whole number update there are some major changes done for the better!!!

I think it is a marketing thing or a new update for those who got the slim they needed to patch a few things !!!!

whats your thoughts or am i being lame

well it says 3.00 So I would say yea  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23BQatTYK6c
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Sep 3, 2009
Thank you Falcon_VII.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 3, 2009

No you're not being lame.

Please note the following comments are in regards to the update in Canada.

This is a terrible update. The really bad "What's New" heading under the playstation store icon is just a thinly disguised advertisement for the PlayStation Store. The new option for Videos in the video menu is not fully implemented, and if it is meant to just display what's on the PS Store (ala "What's New") then it sucks. It's ugly and I would like to remove it.

I cannot find any way to remove the info banner in the upper right corner. It's also ugly, and I want to remove it.

They removed all the movie trailers from the PS Store. This is the main thing I go to the store for, and without it I won't be visiting the store much any more. They should have expanded this area, not removed it. Sony should allow any company to post movie trailers for free just to get the users who are interested in the trailers to log into the store.

This is really too bad because the interface used to be so minimal and sleek. Now it's starting to look busy and ugly.

They didn't update the browser, which is the worst browser ever. It's almost unusable, constantly freezing and running out of memory. It can't even use a swapfile to improve its performance. It's so bad it should never have been added to the system. XBox owners laugh about it.

It's too bad Sony is so arbitrary about these updates with no user input. I own 25 games, 50 Blu-rays and 450 DVDs. I use the PS3 80% for videos and 20% for games. I could replace it with a Blu-ray player without missing it too much. If they are going to put things like the "What's New" right into the menus then I will have to seriously consider selling it off and getting a stand alone Blu-ray player.

Get your act together Sony, your update sux.

Edit: I hope the person below is not referring to me. I believe I have conveyed myself quite adequately. I have also only made two posts to the playstation forums. I did have a problem that may have related to the Firefox browser, or the forum software itself. I got an error telling me there was bad HTML in the message and it would be removed. When I went to preview the message, it disappeared and I had to start from scratch. I would be more than happy to put my writing style up against anyone else. Considering my message is articulate and more than two sentences I don't think I would have any problems.

Edit 2: I have been discussing this with a few friends. Although we do not all agree with this point of view, and some of them like the new features, we all agree that there should be options available in the settings menus that allow newly added menu or XMB selections to be disabled so they don't show up in the interface. They used to have such a control for the banner but it seems to have been removed. The best experience is about choice, and Sony limited it in this update.

I also cannot find any information on why the movie trailers were removed. This was the best part about the store for me. Since I don't plan on purchasing any games on-line, this was the only thing at the store that attracted me to the PS store.

I might be old fashioned, but I don't want to see ads on my video/game console. Having them in a store is fine, after all it's a store, but putting them in the XMB is just a slap in the face. All I ask is the ability to control what's placed on the screen with a few buttons in the settings menu, is that really too much to ask?

Message Edited by AndThereWasLight on 09-02-2009 06:18 PM
Message Edited by AndThereWasLight on 09-02-2009 09:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 4, 2009
call sony
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes