Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 28 2007
By: gils0n~ First Son 4 posts

disc stuck in PS3 SOLUTION!!!

99 replies 62867 views Edited Dec 28, 2007
Hi guys...haven't posted here before but I was browsing some old posts the other night when I was trying to find help getting a disc out of my PS3 that my 2yr old son put in there. If anyone is having any problems, this is what worked for me. What is more amazing is that my son somehow managed to force 3 discs into that tiny slot...no idea how he pulled that one off.

So after two hours, a pair of tweezers, a fork, and a butterknife, I decided to try one last thing before giving up. I put the PS3 on its nose, disc tray down, held the eject button while it was on, and pushed a disc in and out of the drive. This caused whatever was in there to finally 'catch' as the drive had been trying to force everything out. After 2-3 minutes of play, a disc finally poked out. I pulled what i thought was one and two discs came out. I set it back down flat, tried to put a cheap DVD in (didn't want to test it with a $60 game) and it seemed something was still in there. I hit eject and out came the third disc. I put the DVD in reluctantly and the PS3 took it and loaded it right up. Unbelievable. After all this abuse, it's apparent these things are built like tanks.

Hopefully all this abuse didn't shorten the life on the BR drive or the PS3 itself but for the time being, I lucked out. I now keep my PS3 on the top shelf in the closet...

-gils0n
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 100 (62,867 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Re: disc stuck in PS3 SOLUTION!!!

Dec 28, 2007
Place your PS3 higher.

Kids can be great but ruining your console is not cool.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Dec 28, 2007
wow.....i would lock it up if i have a 2yrs old kid lol
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Dec 28, 2007
Sure!  NOW you post this!

Your solution is wayyyy better than mine involving a a crowbar, hammer and welding torch!
>:}

Seriously, nice salvage job.  GL teaching the 2y/o not to do it again.

Build a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 28, 2007
Well he's at home with my wife during the day so I was sort of hoping she would like 'watch' my launch PS3 knowing how much it means to me...and because of my entertainment center, placing it higher isn't really an option.

After that night, I really have no problem at all storing it and pulling it out when I'm ready to use it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Dec 28, 2007
haha, gotta love kids..

Haha, glad to hear everything is working still lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 12, 2008

The same thing happened to me this morning...caught my 2 yr old daughter putting in a disc while the PS3's power was completely off. I found she had one in there already and I couldn't get them out. I looked it up and found your solution...it worked easily and right away.

I found 4 discs in mine though!! LOL...well it wasn't funny at the time but now all seems ok.

I too have a launch PS3 and it means alot to me also. I'm going to have to move it up again where I ahd it before. Not sure If I can deal with the closet though...LOL.

Anyway, thx for posting!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1167 posts

Dec 12, 2008
haha, that beats a banana my little brother tried to put in our vcr years ago.

PSN- BEERSKI / ADD ME
Work
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 31, 2009
I know this is old but I had to join just to THANK YOU!  We had a disc (just 1) stuck in the PS3, would not come out even after being on the phone with Sony, tried everything.  They sent me a box to send the unit back to them to have it repaired and everything.  Only issue was they absolutely want the original receipt which I have no idea where it is since it's over a year old.  I did a quick google search and this thread came up, I put the PS3 on its nose, turned it on and immediately pressed eject and the disc INSTANTLY came right out!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 100 (62,867 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

May 31, 2009

gils0n~ wrote:
Hi guys...haven't posted here before but I was browsing some old posts the other night when I was trying to find help getting a disc out of my PS3 that my 2yr old son put in there. If anyone is having any problems, this is what worked for me. What is more amazing is that my son somehow managed to force 3 discs into that tiny slot...no idea how he pulled that one off.

So after two hours, a pair of tweezers, a fork, and a butterknife, I decided to try one last thing before giving up. I put the PS3 on its nose, disc tray down, held the eject button while it was on, and pushed a disc in and out of the drive. This caused whatever was in there to finally 'catch' as the drive had been trying to force everything out. After 2-3 minutes of play, a disc finally poked out. I pulled what i thought was one and two discs came out. I set it back down flat, tried to put a cheap DVD in (didn't want to test it with a $60 game) and it seemed something was still in there. I hit eject and out came the third disc. I put the DVD in reluctantly and the PS3 took it and loaded it right up. Unbelievable. After all this abuse, it's apparent these things are built like tanks.

Hopefully all this abuse didn't shorten the life on the BR drive or the PS3 itself but for the time being, I lucked out. I now keep my PS3 on the top shelf in the closet...

-gils0n

been done that...I posted the exact story around the same timeframe and the same solution.

Message Edited by ThePunisher on 05-31-2009 09:20 AM

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 100 (62,865 Views)