Oct 04 2012
By: gonzomark First Son 2 posts

YouTube freezing

2 replies 100 views Edited Oct 4, 2012
Need a real answer all other Internet is working good YouTube is the only thing freezing up. Is this a port issue?
Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: YouTube freezing

Oct 14, 2012

I am having the same problem while other internet video applications like Netflix/VUDU/Amazon Videos are working great.

to be precise whenever I am opening a video in youtube the screen goes blank and t he system gets freezed.After that it sounds 3 beeps and gets restarted.Even after restart may be one or two videos run then again the same thing.

I have tried resetting the PS3 console by holding the power button after getting the suggestion from customer support budoesnt help in this regard.

Can anyone having simmilar issue and resolution...Any help here is highly appreciable..

Thanks

Arijit

Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: YouTube freezing

Apr 19, 2013

I'm having the same issue with YouTube app on PS3 freezing. I have PS3 320GB with 4.40 system software and 1.01 YouTube software.

If I watch a video it will buffer a few seconds and that's it. Once playback gets to that point it stops. It doesn't seem to matter what I try after that point, I might get an addition 1/2 second or so playback after 30-60 seconds.

I have 24 Mb / second ADSL2+ Annex M wireless internet and only 10% of my monthly quota used so it is not an internet / download related issue.

What is the problem with the PS3 YouTube app? It doesn't seem to recognise that buffering has stopped and doesn't continue to buffer in advance.

If I watch the same video through my desktop PC (PSY Gentleman official video - link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASO_zypdnsQ ) then around 20-30 seconds is quickly buffered and then the rest is buffered slowly keeping the same distance in front of my playback bar. Perhaps the PS3 app doesn't realise YouTube is feeding out the data for buffering in this way?

In any case the existing PS3 YouTube application is useless as it's impossible to finish watching a video in its current state.

Sony PS3, can you please look at this and fix it?

Regards, L1nk5t3r

Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)
0 Likes