Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Why do people care so much about cross game voice chat?

Apr 3, 2009
its nice to talk to someone your friend playing a game and not to others
Message 41 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Apr 3, 2009
you know alot of people, who are playing ingame with you are little kids or people who can not speak very well or not at all, so why not have ingame chat would love it make things alot easyer for my clan.
Message 42 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

Apr 3, 2009
only girls call for absolutely no reason at all
PS3 Gamestop Game Shipping dates
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&thread.id=656697

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHhUaogxVaM&feature=related
^^amazing video
Message 43 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Apr 3, 2009

coperson wrote:
only girls call for absolutely no reason at all

you don't like girls? lol

Message 44 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 3, 2009
i wouldn't count on seeing this feature anytime soon. I don't think Sony will be footing the bill for the bandwidth costs associated with enabling everyone with a PS3 FREE long distance calling. It would be a welcome feature, but it's not high on my priority list. I really can't see how this would make the PS3 so much better compared to any of the other features released thus far... It caters to a small percentage of people in all reality. Most people in game will stick to using the in game voice features (can't hear over others.. mute them...) need to make a LD call, Skype them, it's free.
the games: Battlefield: Bad Company, MGS4, Soul Calibur 4, LBP, Wipeout HD, Fallout 3, Worms, Zen Pinball
Message 45 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 3, 2009

LordRaoh, it is as you implied.  You are missing the point of why everyone wants voice chat.  There are posters here on this board that could give a better explaniation then I could but it is a feature best experienced rather then questioned if you still don't understand what the purpose of the feature really brings. 

I'll try anyway.  Say, I have a friend just bought Resident Evil 5 and wants to play Coop with me and has a headset.  He/she is stuck and confused how the invite system works because let me tell you, every time I send somebody a invite, they respond to the message and normally I would have to reply to them that you are not suspose to VIA text messaging, you have to highlight the message, press triangle and accept the invite.

The best solution is to send them a chat invite, then boom both of you are talking to each other regardless what acitivity you are doing.  It is easier, saves you alot of time, and it does not require you to keep pausing your game to type out a text message.  Sometimes when I have to explain something to someone without using the text messaging system, I would have to actually quit my game, send him/her a chat invite that would require him/her to quit their game as well so both of us can explain to each other what we have to do in order to solve a problem.

So as I said,  90% of my conversations with other players is all gaming related.  it may not have any benefit to you, but it would make living so much easier for me and the majority of the community that has requested Voice Chat since day 1.  For our sake, I hope any naysayers do not affect Sonys decession to NOT to include Voice Chat.  As long as Sony listens to the rest of us that want it, I could care less.  It will be a daily tool when I log on to PSN to play someone, and I don't have to resort into text messaging all the time.

Message 46 of 47 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Apr 3, 2009

Serpent541 wrote:
This feature would be Useless whether you want to admit it or not, but it would be a nice addition.

you know you like the idea don't lie

Message 47 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes