Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2013
By: A-WOL Splicer 80 posts

Why are my PS3 controls going berserk?

4 replies 96 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

My PS3 controls are going berserk, in fact they are doing so right now as I type this. I have Far Car 3 and he keeps jumping up and down while firing his gun erratically. I remember similar this problems when I played Skyrim too.

The strange thing is that it's happening with two different controllers. So is it both controllers, the games, the system or the last PS3 update that is doing this? Any fixes and/or explanations would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Why are my PS3 controls going berserk?

Jan 22, 2013

it does this to me too, while I'm playing CoD Black Ops 2, Just randomly it will throw a grenade or hit the start button. Sometimes moving will have like a 2 second delay on it too, I'm not sure why this is...

Message 2 of 5 (92 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11407 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Have you tried resetting the controllers? On the underside, there's a little pinhole with a button in it.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Yes, I've reset both of them and I still have the problem. It's just Far Cry 3 though. I've got Arkham City on and he's doing the same nonesense.

Both of my controllers going out at the same time seems to be unlikely, but I want to know if it's the system or the controller's before I spend money on either buying new controller's or getting it fixed.

Message 4 of 5 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 23, 2013

It seems to be the controllers. I plugged in the controller I usually use to play old school games on my laptop and everything is going fine. So unless something happens then I guess they just both crapped out at the same time.

Unfortunately I cant XMB bar with this controller.

Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes