I Only Post Everything
1098 posts

Re: Who Here Thinks 3.00 Was a BIG MISTAKE

Oct 4, 2009
Ever since 3.0 I can't get onto Life with Playstation or Playstation Home.  It keeps crashing my system.  That sucks.
“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 791 of 796 (33 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Who Here Thinks 3.00 Was a BIG MISTAKE **UPDATED WITH DISSATISFIED USER LIST

Oct 4, 2009

My 60gb PS3 that I purchased in 2007 wouldn't read discs shortly after I updated to a mandatory software update about 8 months after I bought the system.  I called Sony and because it was within a year they covered it under the warranty and sent me a repaired or refurbished system.  I figured it was the update, but didn't look into it or research it that much because it was covered under warranty.  I was somewhat disappointed that a brand new system failed, but I wasn't without a system for more than a week and a half.

Well, my system continued to work perfectly until this firmware update 3.00.  After a few hours of game play running on the new update, my Madden NFL game froze.  At first I figured I was booted from my online game, but when I went to restart my system, the unit wouldn't even recognize that there was a game in there.  I tried other games and it wouldn't read those either.  PS2 games and DVD's worked fine however.  I called Sony and they said it would be $150 to get it fixed.  I was furious.  No way was I going to pay them more money for this happening a second time after I bought the system for $499.  I don't even play it that much.  Madden NFL is the only game I ever play.

Instead of paying Sony, I decided to purchase an upgraded 80gb PS3 with 11 games off of eBay.  It was $200 but I planned on selling the 11 games and my "as-is" broken 60gb on eBay to help recoup the costs.  The 80gb version worked great.  I played all 11 games for a total of about five or six hours (not consecutively) to make sure everything worked and I was SUPER happy.  When I went to finally play my beloved Madden '10 game online, it prompted me to update to 3.01.  I figured this being an isolated problem to a percentage of older PS3's I should be fine.  I successfully downloaded and installed the update.  After about an hour or two of playing Madden with the new software update, the game froze.  No... No way could this happen again.  Impossible right?  I restarted the system and the unit WILL NOT READ ANY MEDIA DISCS AT ALL.  Wow.  I tried everything... starting the PS3 in "safe mode"... restoring the system.  Nothing.

What did Sony say when I told them this little story?  I'm sorry to hear about this unfortunate coincidence, but there is nothing we can do.

This is proof that there is something goofy with the update.  I realize it is not every PS3, but it is happening.

So to those of you that do not believe the firmware update can cause this problem... you have learned something.  I hope this does not happen to anyone else, as this has caused me a lot of anguish and am very disappointed in the way Sony is handling this.

Thank you for listening.

Message 792 of 796 (33 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Re: Who Here Thinks 3.00 Was a BIG MISTAKE **UPDATED WITH DISSATISFIED USER LIST

Nov 14, 2009
Did Not Like It.
Message 793 of 796 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 14, 2009

Our Playstation 3 model CECHE01 stopped reading disks after the firmware update.

I suggest everyone submit their bricked Playstation 3 on ps3circleofdeath.com as well, because the results on this site lists only people with bricked PS3, without the extra commentary making it easy to see the total number of people affected.

Message 794 of 796 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 14, 2009

You forgot huge fonts.Ad me to the list.

Message 795 of 796 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Nov 28, 2009

Capt_Hick wrote:

Only 1 feature is cool, but seriously? WOW I go to my game menu and see the PS Store? scroll to the video section and I see antoher? what is this? Theres 3 playstaion stores which is the same thing. Are people that retarded that they can't just scroll to the 1 PS Store andd go to video? or go to Demos/Game Section? Is that what people where complanning about on the forums? comeon and what is that rectangle in the right hand corner of my TV? I think that number nextto the Friend face is suppose to tell me how many friends I have online but I had 6 friends online and it said 4? And what is the Message icon doing there? Do I have any unread messages? beucase  on my PS3 it shows that I don't. And what is that mini-clock thing?? One time I look at it it'll say 6 oclock and next it fast fowards to like 12, what?? and Then the PSN loading circle was replaced it the mini-clock. Then theres theWhats New? Section which is pointless.Theres only 6 Articles The Information Board had trippled! So what was the point of having the Whats New? And why does it show my recently played games in there? But the Biggest letdown is my friends list, :smileysad:! Why did you highlight them and make it all stupid? its so disorientating. And now whenever I Start up my PS3 I have to look at the stupid PS3 slim Logo when I don't even have the slim! Plus then I have to look to some fruity fake fireworks as I sign in on my Profile. Honestly? The only thing this did more hardache than good.They should've just kept the friends list the way it was 3 YEARS AGO. The Only thing that I like about the 3.00 is that I can at least disable the Whats New? section, which is a pointless option beucase it doesn't even disable it. If you ask me they should've kept everythng the same or at least implanted new options to revert my PS3 back to my Orginal PS3! Instead of the changing every PS3 to the PS3 SLIM.  All I ever wanted from Sony was a firmware update that allowed me to acess the XMB in-game so I can be able to read messages, and I got that update.  Now you don't need to change everything up and add 3 MORE PS STORES and MULTIPLE LINKS TO IT all becuase of thePS3 Slime.

You deserve a *ss whoppin

Its a sad world when little kids can afford ps3's....

Photobucket
Message 796 of 796 (33 Views)
0 Likes