First Son
5 posts

Re: What Would you guys like to see in the 3.2 patch.

Nov 19, 2009

Maybe I am askign to much but I would love to see the ability to play PSP titles on the PS3.... i mean there are PS1 games that work on both, why not make it for the PSP games as well?

XGC = biggy too.

Netflix in the XMB without a disc

Fix for Official PS3 Headset is a must too... Noice Suppression and Echo Cancellation should work when its in HQ mode.

Message 11 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2009
my sh*t not to freeze never had a problem till 3.10 came out.
Message 12 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 19, 2009
i too would also like to see a cross game voice chat where you can talk to your friends while playing different games and you dont have to quit what your doing to talk to them......
Message 13 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4176 posts

Nov 19, 2009
more customization options in the XMB.  that's really all that's important. 
Message Edited by ziggurcat on 11-19-2009 09:32 AM
Message 14 of 74 (1 View)
Survivor
2740 posts

Nov 19, 2009

The things I'd like to see that Sony actually could do (since in game music and cross game chat are actually things the game developers would have to do, not Sony necessarily) are as follows (in order of importance to me):

1. Get rid of the "Do you want to run the plugin?" message that pops up in the web browser!  Allow me to accept it once for that site and not have to do it again on every screen.
  2. An option to see the clock while watching a disc by pushing the PS button… it works in games, but not while watching movies.
  3. An option to use music from the media server on games that support in-game music, so that I don't have to copy my whole iTunes library onto the PS3 to use music in-game.
  4. More visuals for music playback… the earth one is cool, but I'm getting bored with it.
  5. An option to hide/remove unwanted XMB icons, like 'Photo Gallery' etc.
Message 15 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Nov 19, 2009
I would love the option to change a sub account into a master account, since I never use my master account and only play on a sub account.
Message 16 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 19, 2009

OGG support for music files.

Would love to be able to tap into my music collection from any game like I can with "Burnout - Paradise City"

Seems that the "auto play" on disc insertion should be more "granular."   For example: I always want to play a video game or Blu-Ray movie or DVD when I put one in...    But if I put a CD in I probably want to rip it to library for future use...   (not play it now)

Message 17 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 19, 2009

OH - DEFINITELY PS2 BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY is at the top of the list.

Message 18 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Nov 19, 2009
This is what I would like to see. These should have been included in this update. Although I have to hand it to Sony for actually listening about the crummy friends list, the new one is just like the old one, except better.

Priority one

- Ability to make font/text smaller or bigger for the XMB.
- Ability to turn off the annoying disappearing text when paused on a menu item.
- Fix the trophy sync issues.
- Ability to turn off advertising media ticker thingy without having to change date which is incompatible with Netflix streaming service.
- Ability to remove the "Whats New" icon, and all of the PSN store icons plastered all over the XMB. I know where to go when I want to get to the PSN store.

Fun add-ons

- Ability to change XMB font color.
- Ability to upload standard Windows fonts to the PS3 and use different fonts for the XMB.
- Bring back PS3 chirp sound when starting a game.
- Add a trophy count number next to each persons name somewhere in the avatar box, so trophys are something other than totally useless.
- Ability to upload our own Avatar icons, or at least give us a TON of new ones.
- Increase text number limit for your PSN comment box. Right now it's absolutely pathetic.

Message 19 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Nov 19, 2009

CaptainGillette wrote:

The things I'd like to see that Sony actually could do (since in game music and cross game chat are actually things the game developers would have to do, not Sony necessarily) are as follows (in order of importance to me):

1. An option to see the clock while watching a disc by pushing the PS button… it works in games, but not while watching movies.

Actually, you can get the clock while watching a BD or DVD just by holding down the PS button for a few seconds. It also brings up the secondary menu with a few more useful options.
Message 20 of 74 (1 View)
0 Likes