Highlighted
Mar 01 2013
By: sidogman First Son 1 posts

Using flight controller, wired dual shock, and steering wheel for one player in the same game

1 replies 101 views Edited Mar 1, 2013
I'm looking for a device for the ps3 that will merge USB controllers into 1 controller. Example: I'm playing GTA IV, when I'm flying I want to use my flight controller, then when I land I want to grab my wired dual shock controller to move and when I get in a car I want to use my Ferrari wheel! If all three if these could plug into a special USB link hub and no matter which controller I use it would act as one to the ps3 I could really enjoy gameplay. Thanks
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20495 posts

Re: Using flight controller, wired dual shock, and steering wheel for one player in the same game

Mar 1, 2013

No. It is difficult to imagine how a device would make three different types of controller look like one controller, and even if it did, it would be one controller that GTA IV doesn't understand or work with.  The game code would never understand that.  I don't think that it is even designed to switch to a different controller in game.  I don't think that what you are talking about is even technically possible with GTA IV, or any existing PS3 game. Does GTA even support racing wheels, or flight sticks, as separate controllers?  I don't think that it does.  GTA  never considered itself to be a racing simulator, or a flight simulator.  It is an action adventure game, and those usually just support DualShocks.

GKP
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)
0 Likes