Jun 25 2011
By: jose213jose Hekseville Citizen 393 posts

Update Version 3.66 NO GOOD!

71 replies 318 views Edited Jun 25, 2011

I am not here to start something but i think some of Sony works are not getting the picture here. I told them over and over it’s not the Hardware on my PS3 causing the freezing up problems. But when Update version 3.66 came out, and i download it without any problems so far. Then it updates my PS3 Slim to version 3.66. After i update it, i select my video game to play was inFamous. The screen upload good, no problems so far, i get ready to beat up some enemy’s and after i beat 7 of them up, i go by one of them bio leech there life and bang. MY PS3 Slim freeze up. And i try to turn it off by the power bottom and it did not work i hold it for 20sec's and still nothing happening. And after that i took the power cable out of the wall and it sent report about something to Sony to what happen to it. Then i play the same game again and during gameplay it freeze up again, i am like what the #!$!$!. So hold the power bottom again and nothing after 20secs again, so i took out the power cable again. And this time no report was sent, after that I waited whole 20 mins why my PS3 Slim is on. After 20 mins pass, I go and play my final fantasy 13 game this time and after I am uploading into the game, I go start battle and bang. MY PS3 Slim freeze up again. I said to myself you got to be joking to me PS3 Slim oh boy.

I sent my report to Sony about the update version 3.66 missing up my PS3 Slim and there told me it was hardware causing it. And there told me the cost of repairs and he said this to me: depend on the model number of cost; I said you got to be kidding me right! MY PS3 hardware is not the cause, if I did sent it and you look shock and see that it’s the update that cause it. After while he keeps saying its hardware and I told him: it’s once again it’s the version 3.66 is no good. so my hardware cause the freezing to happen right after i download the version 3.66 and after its update to 3.66. I jump onto my video game and start to play and bang the whole game freezes up. Don't you see that when i update my PS3 Slim to version 3.66 it cause the freezing up problem. Guess what he said it’s the hardware sir. SO I am asking favore of those who PS3 Slim freeze up during gameplay or anything to it and list what happen to your PS3 Slim after the update, which I mean version 3.66 update. What happen after you update to version 3.66, did it cause problems in your PS3 Slim in anyway?

So i need your guys help to show prove that its the update that cause the freezing problems and not the hardware. Prove can be video of it and data today by you and upload it to my post and talk about how it happen. I'll be making video of it too right now to show some prove to Sony I am telling them the true why after the update Version 3.66 cause it.

Your help can be needed Please and Thanks.

YES or NO

Pick only one!

Yes for it freezing up or No it did not freeze up but something did happen to it that is diff

This is for only the PS3 Slim models that freeze up after the update version 3.66. If it happen to you then post okay. And if it did not happen to you then please please don’t post here, this is for only the people who have PS3 Slim that update to version 3.66 that had the problems only.

Only for those who had this same problem as me is allow to post here!

If it did not happen to you then please don’t post on my post Please and Thanks!

OKay this go's out to all PSN members please don't phost here if your PS3 is okay and not affected by the update version. If it is being affected by the update version then go head and post your problems. This means mods, MVP, MHC, and any special PSN user and the normal PSN users, please and thanks.

I don't won't my post to get off subject about anything else so we can stay on main force. Please and follow what i said thanks for your time to write your problems down.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Update Version 3.66 NO GOOD!

Jun 25, 2011

Yes... and i throw away the set cause is wasting my time...

Nowaday everything so fast and yet psn so slow..

Throw away...la...la...throw away...la...la... dont waste time...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jun 25, 2011

zhanzhao wrote:

Man between the OP and this guy, I have almost no idea what the heck is going on here short of "My PS3 is freezing after 3.66". Everything else is jumbled into some sort of foreign version of english complaining. This post would be easier to understand coming from Yoda himself...."Freezing my PS3 is..."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Yes, you need to prove to those Sony people on the phone that the update is causing this and not your hardware. Break this story to the gaming media and if Sony still doesn't agree with you, then sue them. For me, the 3.66 update works perfectly on my PS3 slim model CECH-2501A. Try the recovery menu and reinstall the update using any USB flash drive before doing anything else. I know that you don't want me posting here as it didn't occured to me, but I am offering advice as it had occured to one of my friends.

as12365b Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Looks like I've been modded even though I censored the word with asterisks. Apparently, they work for Sony and will censor posts to prevent any criticism over their employees. Every other gamming community lets people censor words with asterisks and not get modded even if it criticizes the company or their employees. Where's the First Amendment right to free speech and press? Can anyone please explain why my post above got modded to removed a censored word?

as12365b Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15926 posts

Message 5 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Yes I' m frozen up right now 120 gb slim less then 6 month old. So there nothing then unplugging it to get it to turn off WTF This is such BS

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15926 posts

Jun 25, 2011

B-MORE--BOMBER wrote:

Yes I' m frozen up right now 120 gb slim less then 6 month old. So there nothing then unplugging it to get it to turn off *** This is such BS

You're under warranty....

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Jun 25, 2011

u need more info on what you are saying, i don't get what you mean.

zhanzhao wrote:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Jun 25, 2011

i'll let it be, sense you are helping and thanks and i did called them by phone and there still don't listen. 3 days without my ps3 slim, i may take this to the gaming media then. But i won't sue unless there fix are PS3 slim models with update to stop the freezing up problems there cause.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 72 (318 Views)
0 Likes