Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Update 4.31 killed my PS3

Jan 21, 2013

Whenever i log on to playstation. It logs me off like 1-2 minutes later. I can join a game. Whenever i do like 10 seconds in it says connection interopted. And it kicks me and signs me out. Get you're **bleep** togeather sony. Or you'll lose another customer to microsoft.

Message 41 of 51 (646 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I must admit with all the complaints here Sony hasn't addressed this problem yet. How with all this technology present, they can't make a working reliable little video game system. I've been threw a 60g a 40g and now I have a 150g, not including the PS2's. Its all about money.
Message 42 of 51 (451 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks.  I only noticed that my PS3 wasn't working properly when my 6 year old son told me that it was malfunctioning.  When we turn on the PS3, the green lights turn on then after a few seconds beeps and turns off.  The red light then eventually blinks.  The temporary solution I did was to unplug and plug the PS3 until it works again.  Sadly, the same problem is experienced every time we turn off the unit.   

Good thing I've read your post.  I did donwload the 4.31 via PC update then placed it in a USB.  Was able to figure out how to go into safe mode (or recovery mode) then installed it from there.  Worked like a charm.  Problem solved.  Kudos to you! :smileyhappy:

Message 43 of 51 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Oh God! I bought Dead Space 3 and it requires the dreaded 4.31! You google 4.31 and all you get is people saying it killed their ps3, how to jail break it, and of course Sony saying click here! Download 4.31 now! It makes your PS3 better and will wash the dishes for you!

I'm going to download it from the disc tonight and report on what happened back here. Wish me luck!

I have an 80 gig, My original 60 gig bricked on me after the Grand Theft Auto 4 update so I'm really really worried about this.

Message 44 of 51 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Yeah, updating to 4.31 made it so I can play my PS3 games that have no updates, but if I have to update it or have to get new DLC the downloads lock up at like 30 or 60 percent and if I try to cancel it the system freezes. I finally got the Skyrim DLC Hearthfire to download, but it freezes at about 66 or 68 percent and stops during install as well as Skyrim update freezes. I even tried putting in Homefront and Rage and they both froze when they tried to install so I could play it for the first time. Truly sad, and makes me think Sony doesn't care about the gamers because they are too busy worrying about the PS4, which I have no interest in buying (as I'm happy with my PS2 and PS3 if they fix it). I hear PS4 will break all backwards compatibility so no PS1/2/3 games on PS4 (unless they get their butts in gear and get more of the classic libraries on PSN...I'm still waiting for Wild Arms 3 on PSN). Sony is close to losing a loyal user, though they can rest assure that I won't be going to Microsoft (unless they stop their retarded XBL monthly fees to play online), I'm at the point to just stick to PC games and put all my money into computer games.

Sad part is that I'm a programmer, but even Sony's half-assed methods the past two updates have made me sick and positive I will never work for them.

Message 45 of 51 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Well said my friend! My PS3 didn't brick up thank god which makes me think either downloading from the net had something to do with this, or it attacks certain PS3s that they don't want around anymore, modded or otherwise. I hate Xbox, starting to hate Playstation, can't find anything worth a **bleep** on the wii, and if this Steam crap continues like Civ 5 Im about to give up gaming forever. Unless Sony stops this crap!!!!! I will not buy a PS4. First they tried to out do Xbox, now they want to be like Apple and pump out new crap so we feel like we have to have it and to hell with those who feel satisfied with what we have. We played MGS2 without being forced to upgrade when MGS3 came out! Why are you cramming these PS3 updates down our neck pipe for almost every new game! Sony is running scared of hackers when they should feel honored that people loved their product enough to find ways to make it better.

Message 46 of 51 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 11, 2013

system worked fine until 4.31, now I can't load any discs. THANKS SONY!!!!!!!!

Message 47 of 51 (247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 18, 2013

seems to me you got some corrupted packets when downloading the 4.31 update from sony its best to use your pc to get the update then place it on your usb like this PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDATE.PUP unless you do that you might run the risk of bricking your system its happened to me 3 times but i re-installed the update and its working now :smileyvery-happy:. strange huh? and yet i have the 80GB ps3 thats labled CECHL01

Message 48 of 51 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Updated my PS3 to latest firmware 4.31 and now can't read some games.  All the games used to work when the system is on 4.30.  Sony needs to fix this soon.  This is not an acceptable update.  And I don't accept the fact Sony support told me to send the unit in for repair at $99 when the problem is with their update.

Message 49 of 51 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

i think this update messed up my ps3 as well. i downloaded a game 2 times today, which took A LOT of time(a 12gb game) and it keeps giving me an error when i install it.  it stops at 14% and errors out... i just tried a 3rd time now with the same result. great job, sony. great job.  thanks for wasting my ******* time and money.

Edit: profanity removed

Message 50 of 51 (109 Views)
0 Likes