Fender Bender
3171 posts

Re: Unofficial "I called Sony about the mic issue"

Aug 6, 2008
The only thing changed on my ps3 is the firmware. So that is the cause of my mic problems. Fix your firmware people.
Drago
Message 61 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

Aug 6, 2008

MidnightStar wrote:
Just curious, did those who are having the problem upgrade their HDD to a larger one, or are they still using the same HDD that came with the PS3?

Nope. I have the launch system and I haven't upgraded anything on it. A lot of the people that say they don't have problems aren't playing the games where the problem is most apparent. If they did a lot more folks would be having this issue.
http://fuzzybunnyclan.freeforums.org/index.php
Message 62 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Aug 7, 2008

NyghtcrawleR wrote:

GiovanniApollo wrote:
To be honest i didn't even know there was a problem with the bluetooth mics after the updates until i read this thread. All of my bluetooth headset work fine and do not cut out for Tekken, Soul Calibur, Call of Duty 4 and MGO and i havent heard anyone talk about it in those games so it may be a select few who are having this problem.
Message Edited by GiovanniApollo on 08-03-2008 02:44 PM

Thats because if your mic has problems you cant talk so you wouldnt hear them.

Ever think it might be the select few whose mics are working?

Also keep in mind that usb mics still work so any with those will still talk in game. 

Actually, i have a USB mic, and that cuts out alot. Causing me to restart the game. I think everyone is effected in some way or another.

Message 63 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Aug 7, 2008
I am also having the same problems with my mic.  I am using the Jabra 125 that came with Warhawk.  It is a shame that they can't even keep the headset that they promoted with Warhawk to work properly.  I sure hope that this isn't a Sony ploy to get all of us to go out and buy their "new" headset when it hits the market.  Talk about a low blow if that turns out to be the case.  Kind of strange that all of the csrs in the Sony call center act like it is their first time ever hearing of the complaint.  If it is really their first time then they don't do much research on issues that people are having.  Myself and at least ten of my friends on my list have had this issue several times.  I don't like having to resort to using my USB headset, although I do when I have to, since that is not what I bought a PS3 for in the first place. 
Message 64 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 8, 2008
These damn mic issues are very annoying.
Message 65 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 8, 2008
Hmmm... my warhawk bluetooth headset just started working again. No issues, tested all my headsets and everything is running smoothly. I don't get it.... the only thing I did was changing the network settings, set the UPnP to "disable". The wrong settings might have been blocking the comms, but that wouldn't make the console freeze during mic configuration, right?
Message 66 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Aug 8, 2008

dsa_shea wrote:
I am also having the same problems with my mic.  I am using the Jabra 125 that came with Warhawk.  It is a shame that they can't even keep the headset that they promoted with Warhawk to work properly.  I sure hope that this isn't a Sony ploy to get all of us to go out and buy their "new" headset when it hits the market.  Talk about a low blow if that turns out to be the case.  Kind of strange that all of the csrs in the Sony call center act like it is their first time ever hearing of the complaint.  If it is really their first time then they don't do much research on issues that people are having.  Myself and at least ten of my friends on my list have had this issue several times.  I don't like having to resort to using my USB headset, although I do when I have to, since that is not what I bought a PS3 for in the first place. 

I guess we'll just have to wait for the SOCOM headset and see how that one performs.

Message 67 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 8, 2008

This could be wrong and not a fix at all... however, when I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Sony the other day, here's how my conversation went.

Me: My BT doesn't work with my playstation anymore after FW 2.40.

PS Rep: Well, mine works fine after 2.4, so there isn't anything wrong...

Me: I didn't ask you how yours works after 2.4, I'm complaining about how mine doesn't work after 2.4.  What kind of customer rep are you.

Repeat first four lines for about five minutes but continue to get more and more frustrated with Rep.

Me: Get me your manager.

PS Rep: Fine, but he's gonna tell you the same thing.

After five minutes of explaining how inept and audacious the previous rep was, the guy actually says this.

PS Reps Manager: I believe the problem you are experiencing is that your BT and your Wireless connection are both trying to use channel 6.  They can each run on either channel 6 or 11, so I need to configure my wireless to send signal in channel 11.

I haven't been able to do this yet as I was just moved my residence and haven't setup my office yet.

I'm going to try when I get home tonight and I'll attempt to get on and update.

Message Edited by ktsman on 08-08-2008 12:43 PM
Message 68 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Aug 8, 2008

ktsman wrote:

This could be wrong and not a fix at all... however, when I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Sony the other day, here's how my conversation went.

Me: My BT doesn't work with my playstation anymore after FW 2.40.

Me: I didn't ask you how yours works after 2.4, I'm complaining about how mine doesn't work after 2.4.  What kind of customer rep are you.

Repeat first four lines for about five minutes but continue to get more and more frustrated with Rep.

Me: Get me your manager.

PS Rep: Fine, but he's gonna tell you the same thing.

After five minutes of explaining how inept and audacious the previous rep was, the guy actually says this.

PS Reps Manager: I believe the problem you are experiencing is that your BT and your Wireless connection are both trying to use channel 6.  They can each run on either channel 6 or 11, so I need to configure my wireless to send signal in channel 11.

I haven't been able to do this yet as I was just moved my residence and haven't setup my office yet.

I'm going to try when I get home tonight and I'll attempt to get on and update.

Message Edited by ktsman on 08-08-2008 12:43 PM

I think it's just another lie. Bluetooth and the wireless coming from the PS3 dont even use the same technology. Not to mention i'm have the mic disconnect issues and mine is a USB mic. Add to that i've heard that even people using the PS Eye mic are having issues.

Sony needs to fix this and fast!!!

Message 69 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Aug 8, 2008

FuzzyBunny wrote:

MidnightStar wrote:
Just curious, did those who are having the problem upgrade their HDD to a larger one, or are they still using the same HDD that came with the PS3?

Nope. I have the launch system and I haven't upgraded anything on it. A lot of the people that say they don't have problems aren't playing the games where the problem is most apparent. If they did a lot more folks would be having this issue.

Thats a very good possibility and something to consider. I think many of them are hearing that the update killed reading bluray discs and/or all discs: this problem they dont have. I dont have those games, so I cant test them here to make sure. 

We know that when playing PS2 games that some of them experienced lock ups (we did too occassionally), and that newer firmware updates seemingly fixed this. If it can happen with PS2 games, why not PS3 games. 

Message 70 of 83 (0 Views)
0 Likes