Sep 03 2009
By: EncodedNybble Uncharted Territory 2087 posts

Undocumented FW 3.00 features?

8 replies 10 views Edited Sep 3, 2009

Anyone find any that are interesting?  Please do not use this thread to flame/hate on FW 3.00, just want to see if people have found any useful new features.

We all know about the What's New/ PS Store shortcuts/ Font size all of which I like and aren't a big deal (do people really complain that much about short cuts which show you which games are new without having to go to the store, or which movies are new and give you 1 less click to go to the video section of the store?!?!)  We also all know about the new friends list and new meter and right analog stick controls.

I'm not sure if these are new or not (I think they might be) even though some are kind of useless.

When you're scrolling through videos or music (or anything) in which you have a large amount of content, if you scroll down or up quickly by just holding down or up then, after a certain amount of scrolling, the left side of the screen becomes a little scroll bar showing your current position in the whole list so you can tell if you're halfway down, 3/4, etc.

When you select a sub menu (like a setting or a game category or a video category), the background becomes out of focus/blurred to give more attention/presence to the setting you're changing.

When selecting a song (maybe videos too, haven't tried), if you hover over (but don't select with the X button) a song, all other songs/texts fade away after a while.

Message 1 of 9 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Re: Undocumented FW 3.00 features?

Sep 3, 2009

i have not found anything yet exept speed test at network test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23BQatTYK6c

Message 2 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Sep 3, 2009
i think every hidden gem has been posted, i wonder how long the 3.00 firmware flaming will last
Message 3 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3457 posts

Sep 3, 2009
i found 2 features. 1) now we can copy and paste in our pm messages. i.e someone pm's you a link now you can copy it from the message and paste it in your browser. 2) now we can take a screen shot of a web page and save it to our pictures to show friends websites or pics ect through pm. that is all i found that no on mentioned here.
Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 4 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2087 posts

Sep 3, 2009

hjason1 wrote:
i found 2 features. 1) now we can copy and paste in our pm messages. i.e someone pm's you a link now you can copy it from the message and paste it in your browser. 2) now we can take a screen shot of a web page and save it to our pictures to show friends websites or pics ect through pm. that is all i found that no on mentioned here.

I think those were documented but yes! the copy and paste is awesome (can even copy and paste from a browser into your PMs, etc!)

Message 5 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2087 posts

Sep 3, 2009

x9TALED_GUNDAMx wrote:
i think every hidden gem has been posted, i wonder how long the 3.00 firmware flaming will last

Do tell, where?  I've been trying to search for a consolidated list.

Message 6 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Sep 3, 2009
Copy/paste
Screenshots

I have found that the network speed has been somehow improved...maybe
Message 7 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Sep 3, 2009

Someone posted something about shaking your controller and affecting the glitter/sparkles on the XMB.

I asked if there were any chance that it was just coincidental ebb and flow of the particles, but I was assured it was not.  However, when I tried it myself, it did nothing but make me look like an ass sitting in my living room, shaking something.

Message Edited by Evdogg1 on 09-03-2009 02:27 PM
Message 8 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 3, 2009
The loading clock icon thingy in the top right corner actually shows the time in analog form when it's not active.
Message 9 of 9 (10 Views)
0 Likes